Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Columns and news articles on Politico.com
(Click for external website)
Excerpts from news/opinion website Politico.com:
- Politico, "Everything you wanted to know about Liz Truss but were too afraid to ask," by Matt Honeycombe-Foster, September 5, 2022, (Link)
- Politico.com, "The Truss manifesto," by Noah Keate, September 1, 2022, (Link)
- Politico, "'China is watching': Senators push for more support for Ukraine, Taiwan," by Myah Ward, 08/07/2022
- Politico, "Gov. Newsom signs bill allowing suits against gun makers for negligence," by Jeremy B. White, 07/12/2022
- Politico, "In Colorado, Bennet braces for another red wave," by Burgess Everett, 05/24/2022
- On 2022 FL Gov: Politico, "Venezuela talks strike political nerve in Florida," by Sabrina Rodriguez, 03/09/2022
- 2022_OH_Senate, "'But he's Jewish': Opponent questions Mandel's faith in Ohio Senate primary debate," by Natalie Allison, 11/11/2021
- State Dept. Confirmation Hearings, "Former Sen. Tom Udall is Biden's pick as ambassador to New Zealand and Samoa," by Maeve Sheehey, 07/16/2021
- (On 2020 AL Senate): "Judge throws out Roy Moore's $95 million suit against Sacha Baron Cohen," by Maeve Sheehey, 07/13/2021
- , "Biden nominates ex-GOP Sen. Jeff Flake as ambassador to Turkey," by Nick Niedzwiadek, 07/13/2021
- 2022 AZ Senate: "Thiel ally's entrance kicks off protracted GOP Senate fight in Arizona," by James Arkin, 07/12/2021
- On 2021 CA recall race: "Caitlyn Jenner Wants to Turn Celebrity Into Power. But Why?," by Michael Kruse, 06/04/2021
- (On 2022 FL Governor): "Florida's Nikki Fried jumps into 2022 race to challenge DeSantis," by Bruce Ritchie, 06/02/2021
- On 2021 VA Governor: "Youngkin seeks to reverse Virginia GOP's Trump-era carnage," by Zach Montellaro, 05/11/2021
- On 2021 CA recall race: "Jenner says she's 'kind of' a Republican," by Jeremy B. White and Carla Marinucci, 05/10/2021
- On 2022 NC Senate race: "Ted Budd launches Senate bid in North Carolina," by James Arkin, 04/28/2021
- "Biden White House puts its police oversight commission on ice," by Laura Barron-Lopez, 04/11/2021
- On 2022 AL Senate race: "Mo Brooks nabs Trump endorsement in Alabama Senate race," by Alex Isenstadt, 04/07/2021
- "Biden to tap Bill Nelson to lead NASA," by Jacqueline Feldscher, 03/18/2021
- On 2021 CA Recall: "Former GOP congressman Ose announces California recall bid," by Jeremy B. White, 03/16/2021
- On January 6th, "GOP Sen. Burr censured by North Carolina GOP after Trump conviction vote," by Myah Ward, 02/15/2021
- 2022_OH_Senate: "Mandel mounts another Senate run in Ohio," by James Arkin, 02/10/2021
- On Biden Administration: "Biden, in first trade move, reimposes a Trump tariff," by Doug Palmer, 02/01/2021
- On 2021 Califronia Recall, "Former San Diego mayor to officially launch GOP challenge to Newsom," by Carla Marinucci, 02/01/2021
- 2022 Arkansas Governor race: "Sarah Huckabee Sanders announces bid for Arkansas governor," by Quint Forgey, 01/25/2021
- Politico.com, "Capitol insurrection may have claimed its first GOP candidacy," by Matt Friedman, 01/13/2021, (Link)
- On Biden Treasury: "Why Yellen's Wall Street windfall is getting a pass," by Victoria Guida, 01/10/2021
- On Biden Administration: "Biden to tap Merrick Garland for attorney general," by Tyler Pager, Josh Gerstein and Kyle Cheney, 01/06/2021
- "Terry McAuliffe wants to be governor again. Women: Not so fast," by Sabrina Rodriguez and Maya King, 12/08/2020
- CA-Senate-2022: Politico e-zine, "Alex Padilla would bring election security chops to the Senate," by Eric Geller, 12/07/2020
- Biden Cabinet: "Trump's health nemesis gets a new starring role: Reversing Trump's policies," by Alice Miranda Ollstein, 12/7/2020
- 2022 N.C. Senate race: "Mark Walker launches 2022 Senate bid in North Carolina," by James Arkin, 12/01/2020
- On Biden Promises: "After dodging questions about court packing, Biden floats commission to study judicial reforms," by Caitlin Oprysko, 10/22/2020
- 2020-Pres.: "5 takeaways from final night of Democratic National Convention: Why the DNC Worked So Well," 8/21/20
- 2020-V.P.: "Harris confronts racism in America and Clinton torches Trump," by Q.Forgey, C.Oprysko & C.Kim, 8/19/20
- 2020-V.P.: "Karen Bass renounces her praise for Fidel Castro," by Zachary Warmbrodt, 08/02/2020
- On 2022 FL Senate race: "When Val Demings Stood by Police Officers Accused of Excessive Force," by Matt Dixon and Maya King, 07/11/2020
- (On 2020 presidential hopefuls): "Justin Amash Wants to Destroy the System that Created Trump," by Tim Alberta, 04/30/2020
- 2022 Florida Governor race: "Republicans rage as Florida becomes a nightmare for Trump," by Gary Fineout and Marc Caputo, 04/03/2020
- On Trump Administration: "Before Trump's inauguration, a warning: 'The worst influenza pandemic since 1918'," by Nahal Toosi, Daniel Lippman and Dan Diamond, 03/16/2020
- (On Trump Impeachment): "Schumer seizes on new reporting in calls for trial witnesses," by Marianne Levine, 12/30/2019
- On foreign influencers: Politico.eu, "Why Orthodox Christians are losing faith in Putin," by Marc Bennetts, December 24, 2019
- Politico.com, "Walsh: Working-Class Trump Voters ‘Forgot Where They Came From’," by Edward-Isaac Dovere, July 24, 2018
- SCOTUS: Confirmation Hearing, 7/10/2018
- MA-Gov: Politico.com on 2018 Massachusetts gubernatorial race, 6/18/2018
- CA-Senate-2022: "California secretary of state slams Trump tweets on mail voting," by Carla Marinucci, 05/20/2020
- 2020-Pres.: Politico.com on Impeachment Proceedings against Trump, 4/16/2018
- VA-Sen: AdWatch on 2018 West Virginia Senatorial race, 3/20/2018
- 2020-Pres.: Russia investigation & impeachment of Trump, 3/13/2018
- 2020-Pres.: Caputo & Morin in Politico.com on 2020 presidential hopefuls, 2/21/2018
- 2020-Pres.: FactCheck on 2018 State of the Union address, 1/26/2018
- 2016-Pres.: Politico.com, "Off-Message", 12/26/2017
- FL-Gov: Politico.com on 2018 Florida gubernatorial race, 5/24/2017
- OK-Gov: Politico.com on 2018 Oklahoma gubernatorial race, 3/29/2017
- 2016-Pres.: Coverage of 2016 Trump Transition, 12/9/2016
- 2016-Pres.: Louis Nelson on Politico.com on 2016 presidential hopefuls, 8/8/2016
- 2016-Pres.: Politico.com, "GOP candidates on anti-torture law", 1/21/2016
- On Wisconsin SB324, "Walker signs Wisconsin abortion bill," by Eliza Collins, 07/20/2015
- 2016-Pres.: Politico.com, "Internet Party", editorial by Marco Rubio, 3/17/2015
- 2016-Pres.: Politico.com, "Clinton Book Tour", 7/31/2014
- 2016-Pres.: Politico.com editorial by Sen. Paul, "Perry Dead Wrong", 7/14/2014
- 2016-Pres.: David Nather on Politico.com, "Obamacare too important", 3/5/2014
- 2016-Pres.: Tal Kopan on Politico.com, "Crony Capitalism", 10/29/2013
- Cabinet: Hadas Gold on Politico.com, 8/8/2013
- Cabinet: Breanna Edwards on Politico.com, 3/29/2013
- MO-Sen: Kevin Robillard on Politico.com, 3/25/2013
- AK-Sen: A. Burns & J. Hohmann on Politico.com, "Eyes Begich Seat", 3/22/2013
- OH-Gov: Patrick Reis in Politico.com on 2018 Ohio gubernatorial race, 7/24/2012
- 2012-Pres.: Alexander Burns on Politico.com, 5/31/2012
- 2012-Pres.: Tom Daschle & Bob Dole, Politico.com, "Bipartisan energy", 7/23/2010
- MA-Sen: Politico.com, "Stupak amendment", 11/9/2009
- 2012-Pres.:Politico.com, “Obama’s lost law review article”, 8/22/2008
- 2012-Pres.:Jonathan Martin on Politico.com, 5/7/2007
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Barack Obama: 1990: Wrote law article that fetus cannot sue mother.
Bruce Rauner: Pro-choice Republican torn if Roe overturned.
Chris Larson: Voted No on abortion ban after 20 weeks.
Cory Gardner: Sell contraceptives over-the-counter to avoid Hobby Lobby.
Don Blankenship: AdWatch: Positions himself as anti-abortion and pro-Trump.
Ed Gillespie: I never supported a Personhood amendment.
Ed Gillespie: Sell contraceptives over-the-counter to avoid Hobby Lobby.
Elena Kagan: Compromise on abortion if core rights & exceptions upheld.
Gavin Newsom: Welcome women to CA from states without abortion.
Jeb Bush: Husband of Terri Schiavo blames Bush for harassment.
Joni Ernst: Personhood amendment is a statement of pro-life principle.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Debate is about women's rights, not infanticide.
Larry Pressler: Supports abortion law allowing first trimester terminations.
Leah Vukmir: Ban abortion except for life of mother after 20 weeks.
Mandela Barnes: Voted No on abortion ban after 20 weeks.
Paul Ryan: Life begins at conception, so protect unborn children.
Rudy Giuliani: Giuliani donated to Planned Parenthood throughout 1990s.
Scott Fitzgerald: Ban abortion except for life of mother after 20 weeks.
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Scott Walker: Ban abortion except for life of mother after 20 weeks.
Tom Tiffany: Ban abortion except for life of mother after 20 weeks.
Budget & Economy|
Bernie Sanders: 2012: Supported fiscal cliff compromise package on taxes.
Chris McDaniel: Those in D.C. don't appear to be listening.
Doug Ose: COVID: Open schools and businesses; get people back to work.
Pat Roberts: Ok to spend in time of war; otherwise don't be over-generous.
Richard Cordray: A look back at the recession demands common sense reforms.
Scott Walker: Eliminating collective bargaining created $154M surplus.
Ben Carson: Apologized for likening homosexuality to pedophilia.
Ben Carson: Marriage should not be extended to same-sex couples.
Ben Carson: Give gays rights, but not marriage, because it's a choice.
Blake Masters: Highlights opposition to critical race theory.
Bobby Jindal: I pledge support for a religious freedom law.
Chris Christie: Gay marriage is settled in NJ, but keep debating nationally.
Claire McCaskill: Government should not limit marrying who you love.
Deval Patrick: 1985: defended community activists in Alabama voter case.
Ed Gillespie: Increase share of African-American vote in midterm elections.
Ed Gillespie: Maintain state same-sex marriage ban, but leave it to states.
Elena Kagan: Defend Defense of Marriage Act, since it is the law.
Elena Kagan: OpEd: Conservatives see Kagan as sure vote for gay rights.
Kamala Harris: Reparations for blacks should include HBCU and reforms.
Kamala Harris: There is no vaccine for racism--we've got to do the work.
Keisha Lance Bottoms: Disgraceful to spread misinformation & interfere with voting.
Larry Pressler: I was wrong to support 1996 Defense of Marriage Act.
Marco Rubio: One-man-one-woman marriage existed before our laws.
Mark Warner: Switched to supporting same-sex marriage in 2013.
Mike Huckabee: Same-sex marriage leads to criminalization of Christianity.
Mike Huckabee: Courts cannot unilaterally allow same-sex marriage.
Richard Carmona: AdWatch: accused of disrespect for women in the workplace.
Scott Walker: Constitutional amendment to prevent federal gay marriage.
Ted Cruz: Liberals obsessed with mandatory gay marriage in 50 states.
Thom Tillis: Supports eparations as a bipartisan process.
Tom Steyer: Mike Pence alienates LGBT Americans.
Tom Vilsack: 2011: Gay marriage at state level only, for now.
Tom Vilsack: Appointed judges who said yes to gay marriage.
Andrew Gillum: Corporate tax cuts can create jobs, support training.
Buddy Roemer: The two major parties are joined at the billfold.
Donald Trump: US open for business: keep Carrier AC in Indiana.
Jeb Bush: Stop rewarding portfolio Americans over paycheck Americans.
John Kasich: FactCheck: Managing Director at Lehman, but not Board member.
Tim Kaine: Protect banking industry's ability to serve consumers.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: put people before corporations.
Chuck Herbster: Contributed to a pro-death penalty initiative.
Gavin Newsom: Spared 737 people on California's death row.
Joe Biden: 1992: pro-death penalty; 2019: congrats on ending it.
Joe Biden: No police reform commission despite campaign promise.
Pope Francis: Abolish the death penalty; it precludes rehabilitation.
Susan Rice: Supports George Floyd Justice in Policing Act.
Val Demings: Police work should be about building communities.
Cory Booker: Legalize marijuana federally, plus state incentives.
Hillary Clinton: Medical marijuana now; wait-and-see on recreational pot.
Kamala Harris: Legalize marijuana: it gives a lot of people joy.
Adam Putnam: Urges veto of school choice bill.
Amy Klobuchar: I am not for free four-year college for all.
Chip Roy: Bureaucrats should not override political officials.
Joni Ernst: Eliminate Department of Education but keep Pell Grants.
Marco Rubio: Professor of political science at Florida International U.
Marco Rubio: Bad idea to arm teachers against school shootings.
Mark Begich: Guarantee school funding; endorsed by state NEA.
Scott Pruitt: Evolution is unproven theory.
Thom Tillis: Oppose Common Core; eliminate U.S. Department of Education.
Tim Kaine: Protect LGBT students at schools, including gender identity.
Energy & Oil|
Amy Klobuchar: Green New Deal is aspirational; don't over-promise.
Bill Nelson: Climate change, sea-level rise risk lives and property.
Bob Dole: Mandate more clean & renewable energy, for oil independence.
Bruce Braley: Supported Keystone Pipeline initially, then rejected it.
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers: FactCheck: Natural gas lowered CO2 only temporarily.
Chris Christie: FactCheck: Yes, New Jersey is a solar powerhouse.
Dan Malloy: Moving Canadian oil thru the US is not best for the economy.
Donald Trump: Offered to oversee response to 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Donald Trump: Expand sales of corn ethanol year-round to 15%.
Jeb Bush: Replace crony capitalism with free-market strategy.
John McCain: FactCheck: Pushed cap-and-trade bill in 2009, but not since.
Joni Ernst: Drives hybrid car, but doubts climate change is man-made.
Mark Begich: Drill in the Arctic Ocean; drill in National Forests.
Michelle Lujan-Grisham: Climate change risks environmental annihilation.
Mike Bloomberg: $218M effort led to closure of 282 coal-fired power plants.
Mitch McConnell: I blocked the passage of Obama's cap-and-trade.
Nikki Fried: Middle of the road policies got C-minus from Sierra Club.
Scott Pruitt: Grant oil industry waivers to ignore gasohol mandate.
Thom Tillis: Climate change is not an established fact.
Tom Daschle: Mandate more clean & renewable energy, for oil independence.
Tom Steyer: AdWatch: I left my business to combat climate change.
Alison Grimes: OpEd: Disdain for the EPA, but better choice for greens.
Chris McDaniel: Supported Katrina relief, but some funds were misspent.
Don Blankenship: AdWatch: Year in prison for contaminating drinking water.
Katie McGinty: Chaired Pres. Clinton's Council on Environmental Quality.
Families & Children|
David French: Pornography corrodes values that sustain family life.
Kirsten Gillibrand: The future was female and intersectional.
Monica Wehby: 2013: Ex-boyfriend filed police report, but now regrets it.
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Allen Weh: Jihadi terrorists are face of evil that threatens our nation.
Annette Taddeo: Even if oil were free, don't go to Maduro regime for help.
Bob Corker: Russia a bad actor, not moral equivalent to US.
China_Book: China is watching what we do in Ukraine.
Donald Trump: China should make Kim Jong Un disappear.
Gary Johnson: Knowing all the world facts just means we use military more.
Gary Johnson: Non-interventionist foreign policies: no regime changes.
Hillary Clinton: Russian reset: Pushed Obama to keep Putin at a distance.
Hillary Clinton: Arab Spring: Egyptian uprising had destabilizing impact.
Jeff Flake: U.S. foreign policy can and should be bipartisan.
Karen Bass: Position on Castro evolved from "Jefe" to "brutal".
Marco Rubio: Press freedom is a universal human right, especially in Cuba.
Mike Huckabee: Globalists & corporatists are making US more like China.
Mike Huckabee: Keep the Cuban embargo; lifting it rewards Cuba.
Mitch McConnell: 1985: Led anti-apartheid bill through Senate.
Phil Murphy: Former U.S. ambassador to Germany, appointed by Obama.
Rand Paul: 2011: eliminate all foreign aid & rebuild America instead.
Richard Blumenthal: China is watching what we do in Ukraine.
Rick Perry: Threats from nuclear North Korea should be treated as real.
Rick Perry: North Korean leader's death is opportunity for reunification.
Scott Walker: Tore into Obama administration's nuclear deal with Iran.
Tom Udall: Ambassador to New Zealand & Samoa: work on China threats.
Bob Corker: Supports free trade, but anomalies need to be addressed.
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers: FactCheck: US #1 for FDI, but #14 or #22 on other measures.
Ed Gillespie: Opposes the Export-Import Bank.
Glenn Youngkin: Supported Trump's trade battles with China.
Joe Biden: Reinstate Trump's 10% tariffs on aluminum from UAE.
Mark Warner: Renew Export-Import Bank to support U.S. businesses globally.
Mike Huckabee: Trans Pacific Partnership isn't fair trade or free trade.
Russell Feingold: Opposes lousy trade deals.
Wayne Messam: Use tariffs to crack down on certain countries.
Adam Schiff: Supports CIA report: Russia interfered with 2016 election.
Andrew Gillum: Bring it Home Florida: voter registration drive for 2020.
Bob Massie: Supports same-day voter registration.
Brian Kemp: 53,000 voter registrations put "on hold".
Brian Kemp: OpEd: Precise name-match disenfranchises voters of color.
Chris Coons: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Chris Larson: Voted NO on new state-funded absentee voting hours.
Chris Stewart: CIA got it wrong on Russia 2016 election interference report.
Cory Booker: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Democratic Party: $2M to register 200,000 Florida non-voters.
Donald Trump: Many things can go wrong when early voting goes on too long.
Elijah Cummings: Trump must provide proof that he donates all foreign profits.
Hillary Clinton: You can win by 3 million votes and still lose.
Ileana Ros-Lehtinen: 2016: Russia's goal was distrust of election institutions.
Jay Gonzalez: Supports same-day voter registration.
Jeff Merkley: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Joe Biden: Commission of experts to decide on expanding Supreme Court.
Lindsey Graham: 10-day process to fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Mandela Barnes: Voted NO on new state-funded absentee voting hours.
Mark Begich: Adviser to lobbying firms, but not interested in lobbying.
Mike Bloomberg: Fund voter registration in FL, WI, OH, MI, and PA.
Orrin Hatch: Trust Trump to not fire Russia probe special prosecutor.
Phil Murphy: I don't owe the political insiders anything.
Russell Feingold: Created "Progressives United" PAC as soon as he left office.
Thom Tillis: Protect Russia probe special prosecutor from getting fired.
Tom Udall: Nuclear option: Allow confirmation of Obama's appointees.
Xavier Becerra: Made structural changes at California Dept. of Justice.
Ted Budd: Voted against certifying the 2020 election results.
Christine Hallquist: Regulate guns like we regulate automobiles.
David French: Don't rewrite the meaning of the Second Amendment.
Glenn Youngkin: Trump: Glenn is pro-Second Amendment & pro-America.
Jared Golden: Voted against universal background checks.
Kirsten Gillibrand: NRA is the worst organization in America.
Marco Rubio: Ban bump stocks; limit magazine size; more background checks.
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Tom Vilsack: Rural America ready to discuss gun control.
Alan Khazei: Healthcare reform more important than covering abortion.
Alison Grimes: Kynect heroically for expanding Medicaid under ObamaCare.
Amy Klobuchar: Medicare-for-all is aspirational and for the future, not now.
Andrew Yang: We must give country a chance to recover from coronavirus.
Ben Carson: I don't want to end Medicare, just make it more efficient.
Bill Walker: 2015: expanded Medicaid himself after Legislature opted out.
Bruce Braley: Vehemently opposes tort reform: don't take away right to sue.
Cory Booker: Control healthcare cost; no comment on single-payer.
Donald Trump: Republicans will always support Pre-Existing Conditions.
Eddie Rispone: Medicaid expansion "bungled," and is unsustainable.
Gavin Newsom: We will lead a massive expansion of health care.
Hillary Clinton: Non-employer system better; but don't turn back ObamaCare.
Jason Carter: ObamaCare a "mess" that needs fixing.
John Fleming: If Supreme Court bans ObamaCare subsidies, let them die.
Kay Hagan: I'd vote for ObamaCare again, but do "sensible fixes".
Martha Coakley: Require health insurance to cover abortion.
Mary Landrieu: AdWatch: Promised wrongly that all can keep insurance.
Michael Capuano: Healthcare reform more important than covering abortion.
Mike Bloomberg: We can never afford to replace employer-based health system.
Mike Pence: Healthy Indiana: expand Medicaid but with "skin in the game".
Mitch McConnell: ObamaCare's Kynect is a state decision, but yeah, it's ok.
Rebecca Holcombe: Scary anyone in public office would doubt value of vaccines.
Rick Perry: Ban air travel to Ebola-stricken countries, except doctors.
Rick Scott: AdWatch: "Let's Get to Work" opposing ObamaCare.
Russell Feingold: 2010: I knew that over time, ObamaCare would work out.
Stephen Pagliuca: Healthcare reform is more important than covering aborti.
Steve Bullock: Protect ObamaCare before pushing to expand further.
Thom Tillis: Voting for ObamaCare is a fire-able offense.
Allen Weh: AdWatch: ISIL terrorist is face of evil that threatens us.
Caitlyn Jenner: Opposed serving in Vietnam: failed physical despite Olympics.
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers: FactCheck: Iran's nuke program is set back, but not "halted".
Hillary Clinton: Dozens of Benghazi attackers had dozens of motives.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi security was simply inadequate in a dangerous city.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi talking points were written by CIA for Congress.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi: focused on rescue & prevention, not retrospection.
John Bolton: Punish Russia & China for helping Snowden leak NSA documents.
Larry Pressler: 1980 presidential run:focus on veteran issues & Agent Orange.
Marco Rubio: We need NSA intel to fight emerging terrorist threats.
Marco Rubio: Haul terrorists to Guantanamo for enhanced interrogation.
Mead Treadwell: Fight for missile defense, but without earmarking.
Pat Roberts: $200M for new fleet of tankers at McConnell Air Force Base.
Rand Paul: Need NSA reform, but not the USA Freedom Act.
Rand Paul: Conservative realist, matured from isolationism.
Rand Paul: Oppose Trump nominees who supported Iraq War or torture.
Ted Cruz: Torture is wrong, unambiguously; America does not need it.
Brett Kavanaugh: Two cases shine light on leaning towards anti-immigration.
Bruce Braley: Supports comprehensive reform but not amnesty.
Caitlyn Jenner: For a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
Caitlyn Jenner: Would try to repeal California's sanctuary state status.
Charlie Baker: Revoke MA National Guard on border due to family separation.
Donald Trump: Fact-check: End chain migration? It can't actually happen.
Ed Gillespie: Send migrant kids back to parents in Central America.
Jay Gonzalez: No MA National Guard on border due to inhumane policies.
Jeb Bush: OpEd: Vigorously booed as moderate, by deep conservatives.
Jeb Bush: End heartless policy of family separation at southern border.
Jennifer Granholm: If we want true American exceptionalism, fix immigration.
Kirstjen Nielsen: No apology for separating illegal immigrant parent from kids.
Mark Warner: Send migrant kids back to Central America, after processing.
Mick Cornett: Says the term "sanctuary cities" is a manipulative label.
Peter King: Secure border plus a pathway to citizenship.
Peter King: Don't reward illegal behavior, but can't deport 11 million.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Pledges to defund sanctuary cities, already done in 2019.
Steve Bullock: Keep Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
Steve Bullock: Public DACA support, also tries private persuasion with GOP.
Cathy McMorris-Rodgers: FactCheck: Net gain of 3.2M jobs under Obama presidency.
Cory Booker: Unions: This dream ain't free; you gotta work for it.
Scott Walker: Hypothetically, make WI a right-to-work state.
Steve Bullock: Guarantee equal pay for women.
Thom Tillis: Opposes federal minimum wage; but let states decide.
Tom Barrett: Restore state's collective bargaining; I respect unions.
Principles & Values|
Al Green: Introduced motion to impeach Trump.
Alison Grimes: One of us represents Washington; one of us represents KY.
Bernie Moreno: Defended fellow candidate against antisemitic advertisement.
Bill de Blasio: A progressive who wants to change things.
Bill de Blasio: We lost our identity in trap of triangulation & moderation.
Bill Hagerty: Endorsed by President Trump for nomination.
Bill Nelson: Encouraged human spaceflight including mission to Mars.
Caitlyn Jenner: Olympics win not because our system better than any other.
Cheri Bustos: Democrat from Trump-won district opposes impeachment.
Chris Collins: Stripped of committee posts while under indictment.
Chris McDaniel: Tied to Tea Party and endorsed by conservative groups.
Chris McDaniel: OpEd: Cochran accused of courting blacks for runoff vote.
David French: Robust religious liberty protections help Americans.
Democratic Party: 2016: GOP obstructed Russia election interference probe.
Democratic Party: 196 Congressional Dems sue Trump over Emoluments Clause.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Obama doesn't have the psychology of a winner.
Donald Trump: OpEd: Lifelong dance of mutual manipulation with the press.
Donald Trump: Sent to military academy because of childhood rebelliousness.
Donald Trump: People want positive inspiration.
Donald Trump: I've always been rebellious and very set in my ways.
Donald Trump: If Congress tries to impeach, I'll go to the Supreme Court.
Duncan Hunter: Stripped of committee posts while under indictment.
Ed Gillespie: Don't let the Left fill the vacuum of minority voters.
Evan McMullin: Americans have lost faith in both major parties.
Gerald Ford: An "impeachable offense" is whatever the House says it is.
Jeanne Shaheen: On 99% vote with Obama: Find ways to appeal to independents.
Jerrold Nadler: Would lead impeachment committee very cautiously.
Joe Walsh: Opposing Trump because he's an "unfit divider in chief".
John Edward Walsh: AdWatch: "Big Sky buyoff" to appoint Walsh to Senate early.
Josh Mandel: Supports President Trump's America first Agenda.
Lisa Murkowski: I will remain a Republican & will keep committee seniority.
Marianne Williamson: International Day of Peace: Why only one day?
Mark Begich: Created Northern Compass Group: consulting on Alaska issues.
Mark Pukita: AdWatch: anti-Semitic for saying "My opponent is Jewish"?
Mark Walker: A record of being both a conservative and a bridge builder.
Martin O`Malley: Fundraising via O'Say Can You See PAC.
Merrick Garland: Recused himself from federal cases during consideration.
Mike Bloomberg: American Cities Initiative philanthropies gave away $6.4B.
Mike Conaway: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; no preference on Trump win.
Mike Garcia: Support conservatives because liberals cannot govern CA.
Milton Wolf: OpEd: Tea Party "wolfpack" support; but no apology for X-ray.
MJ Hegar: Stop electing people whose lifelong dream is to be a senator.
Mo Brooks: Trump endorsement: Brooks has COURAGE and FIGHT.
Mo Brooks: Spoke at rally: start taking down names and kicking ass.
Pat Roberts: Group ratings more conservative in 2014 than in 2012.
Roy Moore: Tricked into appearing in TV satire; sued and lost.
Russell Feingold: Badger Pledge: keep outside groups out of state race.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: Everything we love about America is at stake.
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Scott Pruitt: Double headline - Already Done.
Steve Cohen: On impeachment: Russian collusion different from Clinton sex.
Steve King: Condemned on House floor for racist remarks.
Ted Budd: Running to stop US from becoming woke, socialist wasteland.
Ted Cruz: Oppose Surrender Politics: instead, stand for our principles.
Ted Cruz: January 6 terrorists were only those who attacked police.
Terry McAuliffe: Would accomplish more with Democrats controlling legislature.
Thad Cochran: First elected in 1978; still undecided about 2014 retirement.
Tom Rooney: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; but did not back Trump.
Trey Gowdy: 2016: Russia wanted Hillary loss; that's same as Trump win.
Doug Steinhardt: I support President Trump; I always have .
Joni Ernst: Open to privatizing Social Security, but honor promises.
Marty Walsh: Advocate for health care, Social Security, rest of New Deal.
Joni Ernst: Make tax code fairer, flatter and simpler: but not FairTax.
Larry Pressler: Rich people willing to pay more taxes to help our country.
Michael Bennet: Reverse Trump tax cuts; restore expanded child tax credit.
Mike Bloomberg: Progressive tax yes; wealth tax no.
Mike Bloomberg: The wealthy prefer the current rigged system.
Ted Budd: Endorsed by Club for Growth; against tax increases.
Jerry Brown: 32-year quest to build nation's first high-speed rail line.
Marco Rubio: Net neutrality is government regulation of the Internet.
Marco Rubio: Internet belongs in hands of our people, not our government.
Marco Rubio: Net neutrality empowers bureaucrats and allows manipulation.
Rand Paul: Oppose net neutrality; Silicon Valley has no uniform support.
Ted Cruz: Net neutrality is ObamaCare for the Internet.
Tina Smith: Helped rebuild collapsed Interstate-35 bridge in Minneapolis.
War & Peace|
Augustus Invictus: Our foreign policies are interventionist.
Bob Corker: Countries must pony up for NATO; alliance is important.
David French: Engage jihadists and roll back ISIS's most dramatic gains.
Donald Trump: Disallow North Korea from developing nuclear delivery system.
Donald Trump: Syria pullout: Let Turks & Kurds fight, then pull them apart.
Ed Gillespie: Keep troops in Afghanistan; military on table with Iran.
Gary Peters: Undecided on military intervention in Syria.
Hillary Clinton: Invested in Israel: negotiate a ceasefire in Gaza.
John Bolton: Military force in Syria is counterproductive.
Mark Warner: Keep military action on the table against Iran.
Michael McCaul: Keep US troops in Iraq; it's still home to terror groups.
Mike Pompeo: OpEd: Supported Iraq war then & supports Iran war now.
Rand Paul: Assist Iraqi government against ISIS, but not Syrian rebels.
Rand Paul: No US troops in Iraq, even against ISIS.
Rand Paul: Create & arm a Kurdish state as support against ISIL.
Rand Paul: War only when all other measures are exhausted.
Terri Lynn Land: No military intervention in Syria.
Welfare & Poverty|
Chris McDaniel: No welfare state: "I'm not going to do anything for you".
The above quotations are from Columns and news articles on Politico.com.