Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of political races in The New York Times, 2019-2022
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The New York Times 2020s (number of quotes indicated):
- Amy Klobuchar (3) Minnesota Democratic candidate for President; Minnesota Senator
- Andrew Giuliani (2) New York Republican challenger for Governor
- Betsy DeVos (1) Former Education Secretary
- Bill Clinton (1) Democrat
- Bill de Blasio (2) New York Democratic primary candidate and NYC mayor
- Bill Weld (1) Massachusetts Republican presidential primary challenger
- Bob Good (1) Republican U.S. Rep Virginia-5
- Donald Trump (3) Republican Presidential incumbent
- Jamaal Bowman (1) Democratic U.S. Rep New York-16
- Jeff Jackson (1) Democratic Senate candidate North Carolina
- Joe Cunningham (1) South Carolina Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Johnny Isakson (1) Republican Jr Senator; previously Representative Georgia
- Kamala Harris (4) California Democratic nominee for Vice President; California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand (3) New York Democratic candidate for President; New York Senator
- Lauren Witzke (2) Republican Challenger Delaware
- Lee Zeldin (2) New York Republican challenger for Governor
- Mike Pence (1) Indiana Republican Vice President
- Nicholas Kristof (4) Oregon Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Nikki Fried (1) Florida Democratic Challenger
- Rett Newton (1) Democratic Challenger North Carolina
- Steve Scalise (1) Republican challenger Louisiana
- Susan Rice (5) Maine Domestic Policy
- Woody Thrasher (2) West Virginia Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from the N.Y. Times on political events in 2020s:
- On 2022 NY Governor's race: "Andrew Giuliani Enters the Republican Primary for Governor," by J. David Goodman, May 18, 2021
- On foreign influencers: "Russia School Shooting Kills 7 Students and 2 Employees," by Andrew E. Kramer, May 11, 2021
- 2022 NY Governor's race: "Rep. Lee Zeldin, a Staunch Conservative, Will Run for N.Y. Governor," by Katie Glueck, April 8, 2021
- On 2022_OR_Gov: "How Do We Stop the Parade of Gun Deaths?," by Nicholas Kristof, April 3, 2021
- On 2022 Oregon Governor race: "Republicans and Democrats Agree: End the War on Drugs," by Nicholas Kristof, Nov. 7, 2020
- On SC-1 House & Governor race: N.Y.Times, "Trump Signs Landmark Land Conservation Bill," by Annie Karni, Aug. 4, 2020
- (On Trump Cabinet): "Inclusion of Transgender Student Athletes Violates Title IX, Trump Administration Says," by Michael Levenson and Neil Vigdor, May 29, 2020
- (On Trump Impeachment): "Wartime Production Law Has Been Used Routinely, but Not With Coronavirus," by Zolan Kanno-Youngs and Ana Swanson, March 31, 2020
- (On 2020 DE Senate): "In Biden's Home State, Republican Centrism Gives Way to the Fringe," by Elizabeth Williamson, 10/2/2020
- (On 2020 Presidential race): "Kanye West's Perplexing Run as a Potential 2020 Spoiler," by Danny Hakim and Maggie Haberman, Sept. 16, 2020
- 2020-V.P.: "Kamala Harris on the Issues: Race, Policing, Health Care and Education." by Matt Stevens, Thomas Kaplan and Stephanie Saul, 8/11/2020
- (On 2020 V.P.): "Take the Next Step Toward Racial Justice," by Susan E. Rice, July 21, 2020
- On 2019-2020 Fox News Town Halls (Amy Klobuchar), May 8, 2019
- (On 2020 Dem. Primary): "Other Resistance", on 2020 presidential hopefuls, Apr 24, 2019
- "The Government Has Failed on Coronavirus, but There Is Still Time," By Susan E. Rice, March 13, 2020
- (On 2020 Democratic primary): Amy Klobuchar, Nov 26, 2018
- (On 2020 GA Senate): Johnny Isakson, 2020 Georgia Senate race, 3/30/2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Lauren Witzke: Abortion is extermination of minorities.
Bill Clinton: Allow medical research that uses tissue from aborted fetuses.
Donald Trump: End medical research that uses tissue from aborted fetuses.
Steve Scalise: Don't subsidize research on tissue from aborted fetuses.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Abortion is the human right to bodily autonomy.
Johnny Isakson: Returned from surgery to defund Planned Parenthood.
Mike Pence: Tie-breaker vote to defund Planned Parenthood.
Budget & Economy|
Woody Thrasher: Economic development requires numerous approaches.
Lauren Witzke: Appreciates rally security from Proud Boys.
Bob Good: Transexuals threaten Christian values.
Susan Rice: Senate blocked police reforms & new Voting Rights Act.
Kamala Harris: Challenged Biden's opposition to busing.
Bill de Blasio: Plenty of money in NYC, but it's in the wrong hands.
Andrew Giuliani: Stop the war on police; end bail reform.
Jamaal Bowman: Continue reckoning on race and policing in America.
Kamala Harris: Tough prosecutor; but for reform as candidate.
Nicholas Kristof: War on drugs one of America's greatest mistakes.
Nicholas Kristof: Decriminalize to steer addicted people into treatment.
Susan Rice: Free public college for families earning under $125,000/year.
Betsy DeVos: Cut funding if transgender students to compete by gender.
Energy & Oil|
Rett Newton: There's strong bipartisan opposition to offshore drilling.
Donald Trump: Great American Outdoors Act sets funding for public land.
Joe Cunningham: Great American Outdoors Act sets funding for public land.
Lee Zeldin: Voted to overturn 2020 presidential election results.
Nikki Fried: Holds medical marijuana card and concealed-weapons permit.
Nicholas Kristof: No strong evidence that assault weapons ban saved lives.
Nicholas Kristof: Use executive action to crack down on ghost guns.
Kirsten Gillibrand: Ban bump stocks; reduce lobbying power of NRA.
Bill de Blasio: Gun laws are necessary to protect the city and ourselves.
Kamala Harris: Supports single-payer without private insurance.
Donald Trump: Coronavirus: Won't invoke oft-used Defense Production Act.
Woody Thrasher: AdWatch: Be proactive on coronavirus, not reactive.
Susan Rice: Coronavirus: Crisis should explode myth of "America First".
Kamala Harris: Target Russian finances to oppose Ukraine invasion.
Susan Rice: Under Obama we foresaw pandemics & prepared for them.
Susan Rice: Viruses have no nationality and respect no borders.
Kirsten Gillibrand: We need a humane asylum application process.
Principles & Values|
Andrew Giuliani: As 7-year-old, upstaged father's inaugural address as mayor.
Amy Klobuchar: Heartland Amy: an experienced bipartisan pragmatist.
Bill Weld: Quit Reagan Justice Department over ethics scandals.
Amy Klobuchar: Minnesota Nice: reliable, calm, aw-shucks bipartisanship.
Amy Klobuchar: Nicknamed "The Senator of Small Things," but some are big.
Lee Zeldin: NY gone dark from taxes, lost jobs, suffocating regulations.
Jeff Jackson: Broadband internet access is most important infrastructure.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of political races in The New York Times, 2019-2022.