Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of CA political issues in The Sacramento Bee
(Click for external website)
Articles from The Sacramento Bee:
- On 2021 CA recall race: "GOP recall candidate says he wants Californians to get vaccinated--but won't require it," by Lara Korte, July 31, 2021
- On CA 2021 Governor Recall: "Republican Doug Ose says he'll run against Gavin Newsom if recall qualifies," by Lara Korte, March 16, 2021
- CA-Senate-2022: "California tax dollars must not fund Padilla's illegal contract with partisan firm," by Patricia Bates & Jim Nielsen, December 03, 2020
- (On CA-12 House race 2020): Sacramento Bee, "Nancy Pelosi defends marijuana's COVID-19 potential," by Summer Lin, July 31, 2020
- (On On CA 2021 Governor Recall): "Five things you need to know about Doug Ose," by Christopher Cadelago, January 23, 2018
- (On Doug Ose): Sacramento Bee on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 1/5/2018
- (On Gavin Newsom): The Sacramento Bee on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 11/17/2017
- (On John Chiang): The Sacramento Bee on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 7/27/2017
- (On Gavin Newsom): The Sacramento Bee on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 4/4/2017
- (On Antonio Villaraigosa & John Chiang): Sacramento Bee on 2018 California gubernatorial race, 2/1/2017
- (On Delaine Eastin): Sacramento Bee OpEd for 2018 California gubernatorial race, 12/22/2016
- (On Kamala Harris): Sacramento Bee coverage of 2016 California Senate race, 5/27/2015
- (On Loretta Sanchez): Sacramento Bee coverage of 2015 California Senate race, 5/17/2015
- (On Tom Del Beccaro): Sacramento Bee on 2016 California Senate race, 4/16/2015
- (On Jerry Brown): Sacramento Bee on 2014 California governor race, 1/5/2014 & 7/18/2014
- (On Tom Del Beccaro): Sacramento Bee on 2016 California Senate race, 3/2/2013
- (On Dianne Feinstein & Elizabeth Emken): Sacramento Bee Voter Guide: 2012 CA Senate debate, 5/31/2012
- (On Gary Bauer): Associated Press, in Sacramento Bee, p. A9, 2/5/2000
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Dianne Feinstein: I'm a prudent voice for deficit reduction.
Elizabeth Emken: Robust growth produces more revenue; reduce spending now.
Gavin Newsom: Supports affirmative action.
John Chiang: Supports affirmative action.
Loretta Sanchez: Met with Indian American group leaders upon entering race.
Tom Del Beccaro: Keep Proposition 8; but open to debate on gay marriage.
Doug Ose: Build new prisons, oppose reducing of some felonies.
Doug Ose: Everywhere I see uncontrolled homelessness & nagging crime.
Gavin Newsom: Criminal justice reform is crucial; repeal death penalty.
Kamala Harris: Don't require cops to wear body cameras.
Kamala Harris: Acknowledge that certain communities distrust police.
Nancy Pelosi: Defended pro-marijuana position in COVID bill.
Doug Ose: More emphasis on standardized tests to ensure proficiency.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Stop making excuses for lack of success in schools.
Delaine Eastin: In 1960s we invested in community colleges.
Delaine Eastin: Expand "First 5" to include mandatory kindergarten.
Energy & Oil|
Kamala Harris: California fires show climate crisis is public health crisis.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Modernize CEQA to allow new construction projects.
Kamala Harris: I value the importance of diplomacy; I value relationships.
Alex Padilla: Gave voter outreach money to consulting firm, not counties.
Jerry Brown: Include semiautomatic pistols in unsafe handgun law.
Dianne Feinstein: Gun lobby has too much power in Washington.
Kevin Faulconer: COVID: For vaccinating everyone, but not mandating.
Elizabeth Emken: Government-run health care is not the solution.
Elizabeth Emken: ObamaCare is poorly written and it needs to repealed.
John Hickenlooper: Crazy to drive out 11 million illegal immigrants.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Latino heritage is part of our American heritage.
John Chiang: Muslim immigration ban forsakes American values.
John Chiang: Chinese Exclusion Act wrong then; Muslim exclusion wrong now.
Tom Del Beccaro: Expose crime and danger at the US-Mexico border.
Elizabeth Emken: Comprehensive solution that starts by securing our borders.
Doug Ose: Repeal law that employers provide benefits to more workers.
Doug Ose: Opposed higher minimum wage; base income on productivity.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Union organizer but disagrees with teachers unions.
Elizabeth Emken: Public unions have too much political influence.
Principles & Values|
Gary Bauer: Withdraws after NH Primary.
Antonio Villaraigosa: Safeguard the hard-earned pensions of employees.
Elizabeth Emken: Protect the social safety net and entitlement programs.
Amy Klobuchar: Investigate big tech for monopolistic practices.
Elizabeth Warren: Break up tech giants; they destroy competition.
Kamala Harris: Improve transportation infrastructure in rural communities.
Jerry Brown: Pay for high-speed rail project with cap-and-trade revenue.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of CA political issues in The Sacramento Bee.