Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Media coverage of AK political races in The Anchorage Daily News
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from The Anchorage Daily News (number of quotes indicated):
- Al Gross (1) Independent 2020 Senate Challenger Alaska
- Bill Walker (2) Alaska Independent Governor
- Billy Toien (6) Alaska Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Charlie Huggins (3) Alaska Republican candidate for governor of Alaska
- Christopher Kurka (3) Alaska Republican candidate for Governor
- Dan Sullivan (2) Republican Senator Alaska
- Edgar Blatchford (5) Democratic Senate Challenger Alaska
- Joe Miller (2) Challenger and previous Republican Nominee Alaska
- Kelly Tshibaka (6) Republican Challenger Alaska
- Les Gara (4) Alaska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Lisa Murkowski (6) Republican Sr Senator Alaska
- Mark Begich (3) Alaska Democratic candidate for governor
- Mary Peltola (4) Democrat U.S. Rep Alaska-AL
- Mead Treadwell (3) Alaska Republican Lt. Governor
- Mike Chenault (5) Alaska Republican Candidate for governor of Alaska
- Mike Dunleavy (7) Alaska Republican Governor of Alaska
- Pat Chesbro (2)
- Sarah Palin (28) Alaska Former Governor (resigned 2009); V.P. nominee (2008)
- Scott McAdams (1) 2010 Democratic Challenger Alaska
- Tony Knowles (14) Alaska Former Democratic Governor (1994-2002)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Articles from The Anchorage Daily News:
- Anchorage Daily News, "For two candidates, Alaska's U.S. House race is an opportunity to make history," by Iris Samuels, August 8, 2022
- Anchorage Daily News, "Candidate Q&A: Governor--Christopher Kurka," August 5, 2022
- Anchorage Daily News, "Q&A with Alaska U.S. House candidate Mary Peltola," May 2, 2022
- Anchorage Daily News, "Alaska gubernatorial candidates and abortion," by Bob Bird, December 22, 2021
- Anchorage Daily News, "Alaska should extend much-deserved accommodations to military families," by Tim Bradner, June 12, 2021
- On 2022_AK_Senate: "Alaska needs a senator who will unleash our full energy potential," by Kelly Tshibaka, May 31, 2021
- On 2022 Alaska Senate race: "I'm a candidate for U.S. Senate because I'm running for Alaska," by Kelly Tshibaka, March 30, 2021
- Anchorage Daily News, "Governor candidate Q&A: Billy Toien," October 25, 2018
- (On Mike Dunleavy, Bill Walker & Mark Begich): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial race, 9/11/2018
- (On Bill Walker & Mark Begich): Anchorage Press on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial debate, 8/30/2018
- (On Mead Treadwell & Mike Dunleavy): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial race, 8/16/2018
- (On Mike Chenault): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial race, 5/21/2018
- (On Mike Chenault): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska Gubernatorial race, 9/28/2016 & 9/29/2016
- (On Mike Dunleavy & Mike Chenault): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial race, 7/7/2016 & 7/8/2016
- (On Mike Chenault): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska Gubernatorial race, 6/29/2016
- (On Charlie Huggins & Mike Dunleavy): Anchorage Daily News on SB89 Alaska Voting Records, 2/25/2016
- (On Charlie Huggins): Anchorage Daily News on 2018 Alaska gubernatorial race, 8/15/2014
- (On Dan Sullivan): Anchorage Daily News on 2014 Alaska Senate race, 4/19/2014
- (On Mark Begich): Anchorage Daily News AdWatch on 2014 Alaska Senate race, 1/7/2014
- (On Joe Miller & Lisa Murkowski): Anchorage Daily News coverage of 2010 Alaska Senate debate, 10/26/2010
- (On Scott McAdams): Anchorage Daily News coverage of 2010 Alaska Senate debate, 10/26/2010
- (On Joe Miller & Lisa Murkowski): Anchorage Daily News coverage of 2010 Alaska Senate debate, 10/5/2010
- (On Sarah Palin): Anchorage Daily News: 2006 gubernatorial candidate profile, 10/30/2006 & 10/31/2006
- (On Tony Knowles & Sarah Palin): Anchorage Daily News: 2006 gubernatorial candidate profile, 10/29/2006
- (On Sarah Palin): Anchorage Daily News: 2006 gubernatorial candidate profile, 10/22/2006
- (On Sarah Palin & Tony Knowles): Anchorage Daily News, “Little Play,” by Kyle Hopkins, 8/6/2006
- (On Lisa Murkowski & Tony Knowles): AK Senate Debate, Anchorage Daily News, 10/27/2004
- (On Mark Begich): By Sean Cockerham in Anchorage Daily News, 7/16/2008
- (On Tony Knowles): Alaska 2006 Governor Debate: at Anchorage Rotary, 10/31/2006
- (On Tony Knowles & Sarah Palin): Alaska 2006 Governor Debate: at Anchorage Rotary, 10/27/2006 & 10/31/2006
- (On Lisa Murkowski & Tony Knowles): AK Senate Debate, in Anchorage Daily News, 10/27/2004
- (On Mead Treadwell): Editorial by Lt.Gov. Treadwell in Anchorage Daily News, 5/12/2011
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Billy Toien: Personally opposed, but respects state's privacy clause.
Billy Toien: Don't amend Alaska constitution, could go too far.
Charlie Huggins: Supports bill to bar abortion providers from teaching sex ed.
Christopher Kurka: Guarantee equal protection for children in the womb.
Kelly Tshibaka: An unapologetically pro-life Alaska conservative.
Mark Begich: Accepts contributions from abortion-rights group NARAL.
Mike Chenault: Says he's pro life defending a sidelined anti-abortion bill.
Mike Dunleavy: Sponsors bill to bar abortion providers from teaching sex ed.
Sarah Palin: Pro-contraception, pro-woman, pro-life.
Sarah Palin: If Roe v. Wade got overturned, let people decide what's next.
Sarah Palin: Opposes use of public funds for abortions.
Tony Knowles: Abortion is "absolutely" a privacy issue.
Budget & Economy|
Billy Toien: State budget mismanaged, leading to needless budget gap.
Joe Miller: Murkowski owned TARP recipients' stock while voting for TARP.
Lisa Murkowski: Regrets voting for TARP; would vote against it now.
Sarah Palin: Coordinate state tourism marketing but no additional funding.
Tony Knowles: Double funding for state tourism marketing to $10 million.
Edgar Blatchford: Bottom line in budget cutting is fairness.
Dan Sullivan: Opposes gay marriage.
Mary Peltola: As a Native woman, I understand Alaskan diversity.
Sarah Palin: Ok to deny benefits to homosexual couples.
Tony Knowles: Don't deny healthcare benefits to homosexual couples.
Edgar Blatchford: I support expanding opportunities for people of color.
Mike Chenault: I know how business works and I know how government works.
Tony Knowles: Force Exxon Mobil to pay punitive damages to Alaskans.
Bill Walker: SB-91: reduce prison population by 20%.
Charlie Huggins: Voted NO on SB-91 (don't reduce prison population).
Les Gara: Voted to hire more cops in rural areas without protection.
Les Gara: SB-91: reduce prison population by 20%.
Mike Dunleavy: Let's shut down crime instead of sweeping it under the rug.
Mike Dunleavy: Repeal SB-91: crime is out of control.
Sarah Palin: Death penalty for adults who murder children.
Christopher Kurka: The only real solution to addiction is Jesus Christ.
Mike Dunleavy: Comprehensive approach including prosecution & interdiction.
Sarah Palin: Questions cruise ship gambling, under casino gambling ban.
Sarah Palin: Opposes legalizing marijuana, but meth is greater threat.
Sarah Palin: Smoked marijuana when it was legal under Alaska law.
Tony Knowles: Right to privacy protects marijuana protection.
Billy Toien: Move education from failing public system to private sector.
Les Gara: Worked to expand, increase funding for pre-K.
Sarah Palin: Don't push school boards on creationism but allow discussion.
Sarah Palin: I believe we have a creator; and many theories of evolution.
Sarah Palin: Support charters & home schools; not private school vouchers.
Tony Knowles: Keep alternatives to evolution out of classrooms.
Edgar Blatchford: Greatest teacher contribution is motivating students .
Energy & Oil|
Al Gross: Opposes Canadian mine in Alaska operation EPA would allow.
Charlie Huggins: Endorses oil tax reform to increase production.
Kelly Tshibaka: Stop leftists who want to shut down oil and gas production.
Kelly Tshibaka: Speed up process for oil and gas leases in ANWR.
Lisa Murkowski: Support fiscal incentives for the natural gas pipeline.
Mike Chenault: Natural gas pipeline & North Slope development are crucial.
Sarah Palin: Firm start date as part of gasline incentive offer.
Sarah Palin: Opposes natural gas reserves tax--it's not earned income yet.
Sarah Palin: Analyze potential costs associated with climate change.
Bill Walker: Opposes "Stand for Salmon"; we need development instead.
Joe Miller: Alaska has resource wealth; develop it & wean off of feds.
Kelly Tshibaka: Environmental extremists prevent our true potential.
Mark Begich: Supports the "Stand for Salmon" ballot measure.
Mead Treadwell: End sweeping lockups thru "wild land" & "roadless" rules.
Mike Dunleavy: Monetize timber instead of letting it burn or rot.
Mike Dunleavy: Opposes the "Stand for Salmon" ballot measure.
Sarah Palin: Supports "Roads to Resources": subsidized access to mines.
Sarah Palin: Don't duplicate effort in monitoring cruise ship emissions.
Sarah Palin: Don't amend AK constitution for rural subsistence fishing.
Scott McAdams: Extract resource wealth respected labor & environment.
Tony Knowles: Strongly opposes Pebble mine as an unacceptable risk.
Tony Knowles: Opposes "Roads to Resources": no subsidized access to mines.
Tony Knowles: Amend AK constitution to cement rural subsistence fishing.
Families & Children|
Mary Peltola: Family for people in Western Alaska is our social security.
Billy Toien: Stifling red tape discourages entrepreneurism.
Christopher Kurka: Need someone who will stand in the way of federal overreach.
Les Gara: Voted to limit election donations from lobbyists, wealthy.
Lisa Murkowski: Sometimes building infrastructure takes earmarks.
Sarah Palin: Supports state funding for Gravina Island bridge.
Billy Toien: Against confiscation of a potential victim's firearms.
Mary Peltola: I own guns, but we can take common sense action.
Pat Chesbro: Close loopholes for background checks, limit assault weapons.
Mark Begich: AdWatch: Promised we could keep our plans under ObamaCare.
Mike Chenault: Any expansion of Medicaid must be result of careful analysis.
Pat Chesbro: Medical rights are human rights, recognize at federal level.
Kelly Tshibaka: A strong voice in opposition to illegal immigration.
Sarah Palin: Immigrants want more vocational training & senior assistance.
Mead Treadwell: Exporting raw materials means exporting jobs.
Sarah Palin: Praised the Red Dog zinc mine for bringing rural jobs.
Sarah Palin: Department of Fish and Game is under-funded.
Tony Knowles: Urges "crab rationalization repair" to restore lost jobs.
Edgar Blatchford: Alaska should lead country in showing workplace diversity.
Edgar Blatchford: Union taught me a trade; helped me go to college.
Principles & Values|
Kelly Tshibaka: I'm for America first, always.
Lisa Murkowski: Didn't ask Alaskans to accept father's appointment to Senate.
Lisa Murkowski: Didn't check before sending thousands of campaign e-mails.
Sarah Palin: Endorsed by United Fishermen of Alaska (commercial group).
Tony Knowles: Didn't make nepotism an issue in this campaign.
Tony Knowles: Should've gotten subsistence on the ballot as an issue.
Dan Sullivan: Against privatization, explore raising age or means testing.
Mary Peltola: Taxes on the wealthiest Americans should be raised.
Mead Treadwell: Invest Permanent Fund to create dividends instead of taxes.
Sarah Palin: Mitigate impact of new $50M annual cruise ship tourism tax.
Sarah Palin: No income tax; no taking the people's dividends.
Sarah Palin: Would support a seasonal sales tax, but no income tax.
Tony Knowles: Supports new $50M annual cruise ship tourism tax.
Mike Chenault: Priority in budget for renewable energy infrastructure.
Mike Dunleavy: Put infrastructure funds into maintenance, not just building.
War & Peace|
Lisa Murkowski: Prewar Iraq was a safe haven for terrorists.
Sarah Palin: I support President Bush's efforts to stop terrorism.
Tony Knowles: We are bogged down as an occupying army in Iraq.
Welfare & Poverty|
Sarah Palin: Funding for faith-based initiatives is adequate today.
The above quotations are from Media coverage of AK political races in The Anchorage Daily News.