Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Legislative voting records for Oregon House and Senate
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from OR legislative records (number of quotes indicated):
- Jason Conger (5) Republican Challenger Oregon
- Jeff Merkley (4) Democratic Jr Senator Oregon
- Kate Brown (8) Oregon Democratic Governor
- Knute Buehler (1) Oregon Republican candidate for governor
- Ted Kulongoski (1) Oregon Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oregon state legislative voting records, including these candidates:
- OR-R - Knute Buehler - 2020 candidate for U.S. House OR-2 district
2018 Oregon Republican candidate for governor
Member of the Oregon House of Representatives, 54th district, 2015-2018
- OR-R Ted Kulongoski , Oregon Former Democratic Governor (2002-2010)
Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of Oregon, Jan. 4, 1997-June 18, 2001
4th Attorney General of Oregon, Jan. 4, 1993-Jan. 4, 1997
- OR-D Kate Brown - Governor since 2015
Member of the Oregon Senate from the 21st district In office January 13, 1997 – January 2, 2009
- OR-R Jason Conger - 2014 Senate Challenger Oregon
Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 54th district 2011 – 2015
- OR-D Jeff Merkley - U.S. Senator from Oregon
64th Speaker of the Oregon House of Representatives 2007 – 2009
Member of the Oregon House of Representatives from the 47th district 1999 – 2009
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Jeff Merkley: Public funding for stem cell research.
Jeff Merkley: Oregon Equality Act: sexual orientation is a civil right.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on reducing sentences for non-violent offenses.
Jeff Merkley: Mandatory minimum sentence for some 1st-degree sex offenders.
Kate Brown: Liberalize recreational marijuana use but regulate it.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on retail medical marijuana establishments.
Energy & Oil|
Kate Brown: Wean Oregon off coal and boost renewable sources.
Kate Brown: Clean fuel bill critical; we are seeing a warming planet.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on electronic energy efficiency standards.
Ted Kulongoski: Require 1.5% solar energy technology in public construction.
Kate Brown: Require 1.5% solar energy technology in public construction.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on prohibiting motorized mining in riverbeds.
Kate Brown: Supports IP43 assault weapon ban and IP44 safe storage rules.
Knute Buehler: Opposes gun control proposals as intruding on basic freedoms.
Kate Brown: Require criminal background checks for gun purchases.
Kate Brown: Require more background checks on gun sales.
Kate Brown: Expand state college aid to undocumented students.
Jason Conger: Voted NO on drivers licenses for non-resident aliens.
Jeff Merkley: Rated 90% by Oregonians for Immigration Reform.
The above quotations are from Legislative voting records for Oregon House and Senate.
Legislation citations (from news media or state archives):
- The Bend Bulletin on Oregon IP43 & IP44, on Gun Control, (Kate Brown & Knute Buehler), 2/24/2017
- The Oregonian on SB-1598 & HB-4014, on recreational marijuana, (Kate Brown), 3/7/2016
- The Oregonian on Oregon SB 9, on immigrant college aid, (Kate Brown), 7/22/2015
- Wall Street Journal on Oregon SB-941, on background checks on gun sales, (Kate Brown), 5/11/2015
- Oregon.gov press release on SB324, on Clean fuel, (Kate Brown), 3/12/2015
- Oregon HB 2620, on solar energy, (Kate Brown & Ted Kulongoski), 6/11/2007