Russ Fulcher on Drugs
Oppose efforts to legalize marijuana, including "medical"
Legislative Summary:Be It Resolved by the Legislature of the State of Idaho:
WHEREAS, marijuana has a negative impact on public health and safety; and
- WHEREAS, the THC content of marijuana has risen dramatically in the last 30 years;
- WHEREAS, marijuana use has a detrimental effect on individual learning and brain development; and
- WHEREAS, national pro-marijuana organizations have invested millions to push drug legalization in America, and have targeted
Idaho for a "medical" marijuana initiative in 2014; and
- WHEREAS, drug legalization efforts in other states have led to social, economic and legal chaos, with programs full of fraud and abuse; and
- NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Idaho
Legislature states its opposition to efforts to legalize marijuana for any purpose in the State of Idaho.
Legislative Outcome: Passed Senate 29-5; Sen. Russ Fulcher voted YEA; no further action after Resolution passed.
Source: Idaho legislative voting records: SCR 112
, Feb 25, 2013
Page last updated: Jun 29, 2018