Bob Stefanowski on Tax Reform
Supermajority to enact any tax or fee increase
Source: 2018 CT Gubernatorial race website BobForGovernor.com
, Sep 1, 2018
- Enact a Taxpayer Bill of Rights.
- Impose term limits for state legislators (5 terms/10 years) and the governor (2 terms/8 years).
- Allow citizens the rights of referendum and recall of state officials who are not living up to campaign
promises or representing their constituents properly.
- Impose a constitutional amendment to require a supermajority to enact any tax or fee increase.
- Require more transparency around private interests receiving tax dollars.
Eliminate the state income tax over the next 8 years
Democrat Ned Lamont said that Trump's tax plan forces the federal budget into a $800-billion increase in the federal deficit. "It's the middle-class, the working class that gets hammered by a tax bill like this," Lamont said. "You think about this
Trump tax bill. It reminds me a little of the (proposed) Stefanowski elimination of the state income tax. We cannot borrow in this state. We must pay our bills."
Stefanowski disagreed with
Lamont's premise. "Ned concentrating on state and local deductions ignores the root of the problem, which is that he and Dan Malloy have supported tax increase after tax increase," said a
Stefanowski spokesman. "Stefanowski wants to completely eliminate the state income tax over the next 8 years, which would actually solve the problem rather than mask it, as Ned Lamont seeks to do."
Source: CT Post on 2018 Connecticut gubernatorial race
, Aug 29, 2018
Page last updated: Oct 05, 2018