Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Biden Cabinet members actions and issues
(Click for external website)
Articles by/on Biden Cabinet members (with Department prefixed):
- DOI: West Central Tribune, "Deb Haaland has family tie to New London," by Linda Vanderwerf, Mar. 19, 2021
- DOT CBS News, "Buttigieg touts 'once in a century opportunity' to improve infrastructure," by Musadiq Bidar, March 18, 2021
- DOI: KTAR News 92.3 FM, "Sec. Deb Haaland to speak during Navajo Nation virtual prayer event," by Kevin Stone, March 17, 2021
- DOI: The Washington Blade, "LGBTQ ally New Mexico Rep. Deb Haaland confirmed by Senate as Interior Secretary, by Brody Levesque, March 16, 2021
- Military.com, "These Recruits Were Promised Citizenship in Exchange for Military Service," by Richard Sisk, 13 Mar 2021
- CannabisVoter.info, "Ohio Cannabis News :Voter guide," 3/19/21
- DOD: CNN, "Austin focuses inward in first days as Pentagon chief," by Oren Liebermann, February 5, 2021
- DOD: UPI, "Defense Secretary Austin announces Global Force Posture Review," by Ed Adamczyk, Feb. 5, 2021
- Treasury: Yahoo.com, "Yellen warns of 'tough months' ahead, urges congress to act," by Martin Crutsinger, February 4, 2021
- Treasury: Reuters, "Yellen seeks to 'understand deeply' GameStop frenzy as market regulators meet," by David Lawder, February 4, 2021
- Public Liaison: Jewish Insider, "Biden administration previews plans for protecting religious institutions," by Marc Rod, February 3, 2021
- State: Interview: "Secretary Antony J. Blinken With Andrea Mitchell of MSNBC," February 1, 2021
- Treasury: International Tax Review, "This week in tax: Janet Yellen raises hope for digital tax agreement," by Anjana Haines, January 29, 2021
- Treasury: Brooklyn Daily Eagle, "It's official: Bay Ridge's Janet Yellen confirmed as treasury secretary," January 28, 2021
- Treasury: Brown University press release, "Brown alumna Janet Yellen first woman to serve as treasury secretary," January 28, 2021
- State: Fox News, "Antony Blinken: What to know about Biden's secretary of state pick," by Marisa Schultz, January 22, 2021
- Treasury: TheConversation.com blog, "Janet Yellen confirmed as first female US Treasury secretary--here's what she can do about climate change," January 19, 2021
- Treasury: Reuters news service , "'Act big' now to save economy, worry about debt later, Yellen says in Treasury testimony," by David Lawder & Andrea Shalal, January 19, 2021
- Treasury: Politico e-zine, "Why Yellen's Wall Street windfall is getting a pass," by Victoria Guida, 01/10/2021
- DOJ: Democracy Now blog: "Biden's AG Pick Merrick Garland Has Record of Not Holding Cops Accountable," January 08, 2021
- DOC & DOL confirmation hearings: 19th News blog: "Biden taps women to serve as commerce secretary and lead the Small Business Administration," by Chabeli Carrazana, January 7, 2021
- DOJ: Chicago Sun-Time: "Joe Biden taps Lincolnwood-raised Merrick Garland for attorney general," by Lynn Sweet, Jan 7, 2021
- DOL: Townhall blog: "Boston Kneels to the Outrage Mob and Removes Its Abraham Lincoln Statue," by Julio Rosas, Dec 29, 2020
- DOT: Pennsylvania Capital-Star, "Buttigieg to inherit a crumbling network of roads, subways and rails at DOT," by Daniel C. Vock, December 26, 2020
- DOE & DOI: >19th News blog, "Women will shape Biden's energy and climate agenda," by Amanda Becker & Barbara Rodriguez, December 18, 2020
- DOT: NBC Chicago, "Pete Buttigieg's Love Story Has O'Hare Airport Changing Its Twitter Bio," by Aamer Madhani and Will Weissert, December 17, 2020
- DOT: The New American, "Biden Picks Buttigieg for Transportation Secretary," by R. Cort Kirkwood, December 16, 2020
- DOT: Breitbart blog, "Pete Buttigieg Vows to Fight Racial, Economic, Environmental Injustice," by Charlie Spiering, 16 Dec 2020
- Climate: Sierra Club press release, "How John Kerry Can Repair the US Role in the Global Climate Effort," by Molly Glick, Dec 16, 2020
- DOT: The New American, "Biden Picks Buttigieg for Transportation Secretary," by R. Cort Kirkwood, December 16, 2020
- HHS: The Los Angeles Times, "The attacks on Becerra as Biden's HHS nominee are amazingly dishonest," by Michael Hiltzik, Dec. 15, 2020
- DOE: Breitbart blog, "Biden's DOE Pick Jennifer Granholm Spent Years Pushing Russia Conspiracy Theories," by Haris Alic, 15 Dec 2020
- DOT: Press Release Newswire, "Nation's Mayors Applaud Selection of Former Mayor Pete Buttigieg as Next Transportation Secretary, press release from U.S. Conference of Mayors, Dec 15, 2020
- HUD: The New Republic, "HUD Deserves Better Than Marcia Fudge," by Morgan Baskin, December 14, 2020
- HHS: Reuters news service, "California urges court to compel Amazon to comply with coronavirus probe," 12/14/2020
- HUD: The Cleveland Plain-Dealer, "Years of work fighting for Northeast Ohio earn Marcia Fudge a seat at Biden's Cabinet table," by Sabrina Eaton, Dec 13, 2020
- DPC: Stanford Daily, "Susan Rice '86 joins Biden administration as head of domestic policy," by Emma Talley, Kate Selig and Elena Shao, December 13, 2020
- Climate: South China Morning Post, "Incoming US climate envoy John Kerry to face China as the world's biggest polluter," by Owen Churchill and Jane Cai, 12 Dec, 2020
- USDA: U.S. News & World Report, "Tom Vilsack Faces New Challenges as He Returns to Old Job," by Mary Clare Jalonick and Thomas Beaumont, Dec. 12, 2020
- HUD: The Cleveland Plain-Dealer, "What Rep. Marcia Fudge hopes to accomplish," by Sabrina Eaton, Dec 10, 2020
- DPC: 19th News blog: "Susan Rice to be director of White House Domestic Policy Council," by Errin Haines, December 10, 2020
- Climate: NBC News, "John Kerry aims to strengthen Paris climate accord when Biden administration takes power," by Amanda Golden and Geoff Bennett, Dec. 9, 2020
- USDA: Mother Jones magazine, "Biden Picks Stale White Bread to Lead the USDA," by Tom Philpott, December 9, 2020
- USDA: DailyKos blog, "Bridging The Urban-Rural Divide," December 09, 2020
- HHS: Jacobin Magazine, "Who Will Xavier Becerra Serve as Joe Biden's HHS Secretary?," by David Sirota & Andrew Perez, 12.7.20
- HHS: Politico.com blog, "Trump's health nemesis gets a new starring role: Reversing Trump's policies," by Alice Miranda Ollstein, 12/7/2020
- Climate: The Hill e-zine, "John Kerry reveals Biden's devotion to radical 'Great Reset' movement," by Justin Haskins, 12/03/20
- DOC: Jacobin magazine: "Biden's Possible HHS Pick Shielded Nursing Homes From Liability for COVID Spreads," by Julia Rock & Andrew Perez, 12.02.20
- Climate: InsideClimateNews.org, "Kerry Will Be No Stranger to International Climate Negotiations," by Phil McKenna, November 25, 2020
- DOJ: Reason magazine: "If Joe Biden Is Serious About Criminal Justice Reform, He Won't Pick Merrick Garland," by Damon Root, 11.23.2020
- Climate: Associated Press, "Biden names climate statesman John Kerry as climate envoy," by Ellen Knickmeyer, November 23, 2020
- Pres.: Human Events magazine, "'Beltway Biden' Moves the Skeletons in His Closet to the White House," by Rick Marschall, November 20, 2020
- OPE: Energy & Environment News, "Top Biden adviser ducked climate activists," by Jean Chemnick and Adam Aton, November 18, 2020
- Climate: Jacobin Magazine, "Joe Biden Just Appointed His Climate Movement Liaison. It's a Fossil-Fuel Industry Ally," by David Sirota, Julia Rock, & Andrew Perez, 11.17.20
- DPC: DailyKos blog, "A special election awaits Louisiana Democrats after congressman resigns to join Biden administration," by Jeff Singer, November 17, 2020
- DPC: DailyKos blog, "Rice speculates on potential impact of withholding security briefings from Biden transition team," November 13, 2020
- NASA: Tampa Bay Ledger, "To former Sen. Bill Nelson, politics and public service remain 'a noble calling'," by Thomas R. Oldt, Sept 4, 2020
- NASA: Orlando Sentinel, "Wear a mask. It's the least you can do," by Bill Nelson, Aug 02, 2020
- DOL: Breitbart News, "Boston Mayor Declares Racism a 'Public Health Crisis' in the City," by Hannah Bleau, 13 Jun 2020
- Climate: Boston Globe, "John Kerry takes the climate change fight to Wall Street," by Shirley Leung, September 20, 2020
- USDA: CBS-2 Iowa News Now, "Vilsack calls Warren's $20.5-trillion Medicare for All plan 'unrealistic'," by The Associated Press, November 1, 2019
- DOT: Mother Jones magazine, "When Pete Buttigieg Had a Chance to Stand Firm on Abortion Rights, He Dodged," by Marisa Endicott, June 13, 2019
- DOC: WorldNetDaily: "The moral poison is spreading," by Barbara Simpson, February 3, 2019
- NASA: Tampa Bay Times, "Why health care has become such a big issue for Bill Nelson and other Democrats," by Steve Contorno, Oct. 31, 2018
- DOJ: Chicago Tribune: "Garland says local schools 'reinforced my sense of community'," by Myrna Petlicki, Sep 05, 2018
- DOL: Common Dreams: "Sanctuary Cities Vow to Fight Trump's Order," by Nadia Prupis, January 26, 2017
- HHS: Buzzfeed blog, "Rep. Xavier Becerra Nominated To Be California's Attorney General," by Lissandra Villa & Sarah Mimms, December 1, 2016
- DOL: Christian Science Monitor: "Why Boston was chosen for the next US-China climate summit," by Story Hinckley, June 8, 2016
- Climate: Buzzfeed blog, "Kerry: U.S. Committed To Increasing Refugee Intake," by David Mack, September 9, 2015
- DOL: Jacobin magazine: "How Boston Kicked Out the Olympics," by Queen Arsem-O'Malley, 07.30.2015
- HUD: Buzzfeed blog, "Police In Ferguson Doing "More Harm Than Good," by Kate Nocera, August 14, 2014
- DOL: Breitbart News, "Boston Mayor Marty Walsh Sits Out St. Patrick's Day Parade over Gay Veteran Group," by Dr. Susan Berry, 16 Mar 2014
- Legistorm.com blog, "Congresswoman Fudge on Syria: No Military Action in Syria Without First Obtaining Consent Of Congress," Aug. 30, 2013
- HUD: Mother Jones magazine, "Democrats Are Undermining Wall Street Reform, Too," by Erika Eichelberger, April 3, 2013
- DOE: U.S. News & World Report, "Public Service Is the Antidote for Voter Anger," by Jennifer Granholm, Oct. 28, 2010
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Gina Raimondo: Supports law allowing for late term abortions.
Pete Buttigieg: Offered anti-abortion clinic help away from abortion clinic.
Budget & Economy|
Janet Yellen: Does not seek a weaker U.S. currency; let markets determine.
Tom Vilsack: Increased farm subsidies leading to overproduction.
Marcia Fudge: COVID: protect homeowners, renters, small landlords.
Deb Haaland: Everyone deserves to love without discrimination.
Deb Haaland: I have this wonderful lesbian daughter who I adore.
Deb Haaland: Was Vice Chair of the Congressional Equality Caucus.
Cedric Richmond: Expand religious institutions' protection from hate crimes.
Tom Vilsack: Claimed diversity of farmers was accounting change by USDA.
Tom Vilsack: Failed to protect slaughterhouse works, help black farmers.
Tom Vilsack: Apologized for firing black woman over doctored video.
Tom Vilsack: Foreclosed on black farmers six times more than whites.
Tom Vilsack: Pushed for minority voting rights on Farm Service committees.
Pete Buttigieg: Fight racial, economic injustice with transportation policy.
Pete Buttigieg: OpEd: Appointed to Cabinet solely because he's gay.
Xavier Becerra: Protect transgender students and adults.
Marcia Fudge: Ban discrimination against African American hairstyles.
Tom Vilsack: Root out inequities and systemic racism in systems we govern.
Xavier Becerra: For marriage equality; against Defense of Marriage Act.
Xavier Becerra: Racial divisions exploited by our adversaries.
Marty Walsh: Declares racism a public health crisis.
Marty Walsh: Thanked Art Commission for removing Emancipation statue.
Marty Walsh: Sat out parade that barred gay veterans group.
Janet Yellen: Investigate retail trading; ensure investors are protected.
Janet Yellen: Worried about insufficient oversight of investment firms.
Janet Yellen: Risks of hedge funds' debt very real and serious.
Tom Vilsack: Problem with corporate concentration at Dairy Export Council.
Tom Vilsack: Urban centers push anti-monopoly measures, not rural places.
Tom Vilsack: Sees multinational corporate agribusiness as partners.
Xavier Becerra: Brought successful antitrust suit against hospital chain.
Tom Vilsack: Tried to increase competition, restrict abusive contracts.
Tom Vilsack: For plan to partially privatize slaughterhouse inspections.
Marcia Fudge: Co-sponsored Dodd-Frank exemption for some corporate trades.
Merrick Garland: OpEd: deferential to police; lack of accountability.
Xavier Becerra: Committed to combatting sexual violence.
Xavier Becerra: Eliminate bias in policing, reduce unnecessary force.
Merrick Garland: Tends to defer to law enforcement, wartime executive power.
Marcia Fudge: Violent Ferguson police like response to foreign uprisings.
Marcia Fudge: End Federal cannabis prohibition, allow states to legalize.
Merrick Garland: Middle school reinforced my sense of community.
Energy & Oil|
Janet Yellen: Can't solve climate crisis without effective carbon pricing.
Deb Haaland: Will work to undo fossil fuel development on public lands.
Deb Haaland: Campaigned on climate change, backs Green New Deal.
Jennifer Granholm: Picked for DOE as advocate for clean energy development.
Deb Haaland: Anti-fracking, supports Green New Deal.
John Kerry: Avoid Senate votes on voluntary emissions reductions.
John Kerry: Net carbon neutral by 2050; must lay out path to get there.
John Kerry: Secured agreement to phase down use of super-pollutant HFC.
John Kerry: First on National Security Council to work on climate change.
Cedric Richmond: Staunch ally of state's oil, gas, chemical industries.
Cedric Richmond: Supported fracking, 76% Conservation Voters lifetime rating.
John Kerry: Advised fund setting global price for carbon emissions.
Marty Walsh: Vice chair of Climate-Smart Low-Carbon Cities Summit.
Tom Vilsack: OpEd: Rule changes harmed processing workers and animals.
Xavier Becerra: Oppose efforts to roll back environmental protections.
Deb Haaland: 30 by 30 goal: conserving 30% of lands and oceans by 2030.
Bill Nelson: From space you can see how we're messing up Earth.
Families & Children|
Janet Yellen: Will work every day toward rebuilding American dream.
Antony Blinken: Having young children at home inspires him at State Dept.
Lloyd Austin: China most significant challenge going forward.
Antony Blinken: Deeply disturbed by crackdown on protestors in Russia.
Antony Blinken: Challenge of China is complicated; we need strong alliances.
Jennifer Granholm: Long critical of Trump's Russia connections.
Susan Rice: As Rhodes Scholar, urged divesting from South Africa.
John Kerry: Co-founded US-China Climate Change Working Group.
Lloyd Austin: Dismissed members of advisory boards; ordered review.
Merrick Garland: The rule of law is the foundation of our democracy.
Pete Buttigieg: As mayor: ask how USDOT worked rather than make demands.
Deb Haaland: DOI in 1851 threatened extermination; I'm proof he failed.
Tom Vilsack: OpEd: has friendly history with agricultural polluters.
Marcia Fudge: Filed complaint against colleagues sleeping in their offices.
Deb Haaland: Introduced Simplifying Outdoor Access to Recreation Act.
Deb Haaland: Reconciliation in Place Names Act to remove offensive names.
Deb Haaland: Climate Stewardship Act, plant 15 billion trees by 2050.
John Kerry: Won't overstep climate role with State Department.
Xavier Becerra: Made structural changes at California Dept. of Justice.
Susan Rice: Provided in-depth information during Trump transition.
Xavier Becerra: Healthcare is a right, will fight for access to all services.
Marcia Fudge: ACA addressed a major need in our nation.
Marcia Fudge: Strong supporter of the Medicare program.
Xavier Becerra: 2016: rescind patents for government funded medicine.
Gina Raimondo: COVID: civil liability immunity for hospitals, nursing homes.
Gina Raimondo: Privatized & cut budgets for Medicaid.
Bill Nelson: COVID: wearing a mask must not be a partisan issue.
Bill Nelson: Medicaid expansion is difference between life or death.
Deb Haaland: Calls herself a "military brat," parents both veterans.
Pete Buttigieg: Immigrants who enlisted deserve sure path to citizenship.
Lloyd Austin: Can't defend America if enemies are within our own ranks.
Lloyd Austin: Orders Global Posture Review of US military around the world.
Xavier Becerra: Support DACA, oppose Muslim ban and family separation.
Marty Walsh: Opposed Trump order on defunding sanctuary cities.
John Kerry: Committed to increasing number of refugees that we take.
Marcia Fudge: Increasing high tech visas could hurt blacks seeking jobs.
Marty Walsh: Has a pro-worker vision, support of the AFL-CIO.
Marcia Fudge: Collective bargaining rights a top priority.
Xavier Becerra: Sued Amazon to comply with COVID subpoenas at warehouses.
Principles & Values|
Deb Haaland: Scheduled to speak at Navajo Nation virtual day of prayer.
Janet Yellen: Got permission from ethics lawyers before acting.
Antony Blinken: Determined to keep politics out of the State Department.
Janet Yellen: Attended high school named for America's first Treasurer.
Antony Blinken: Stepfather survived Holocaust; rescued by Americans.
Merrick Garland: Parents taught him hard work, community service.
Tom Vilsack: USDA nomination endorsed by American Farm Bureau.
Deb Haaland: Practices the "Seven Generation rule" for future decisions.
Tom Vilsack: Willing to embrace new ideas, initiatives, reforms.
Deb Haaland: Growing up in my mother's Pueblo household made me fierce.
Marcia Fudge: Stop limiting black cabinet members to HUD or Labor.
Marcia Fudge: Skipped Trump's inauguration in protest.
Marcia Fudge: Co-founded a Congressional Rock and Roll Caucus.
Deb Haaland: As Pueblo woman feels connected to the earth.
Marcia Fudge: A Cabinet position is not a consolation prize.
John Kerry: OpEd: Supports "Great Reset" for social & economic issues.
Joe Biden: OpEd: Biden no moderate: highly liberal record.
Mike Pompeo: Denies that Trump undercuts US support for free elections.
Susan Rice: Pitcher at Morehouse College & Congressional Baseball Game.
Bill Nelson: You serve the public; you don't serve yourself.
Merrick Garland: Sold his comics books to help pay for Harvard Law tuition.
Merrick Garland: An "insider's insider" in understanding Dept. of Justice.
Marty Walsh: Put an end to Boston's bid for summer Olympics.
Xavier Becerra: We know true value of diversity; will fight for our beliefs.
Antony Blinken: Talked about refugees to Grover on "Sesame Street".
Jennifer Granholm: Antidote to negativity and pain: service to others.
Gina Raimondo: Reformed state pension program, raised retirement age.
Pete Buttigieg: Would establish $90/day benefit for long-term care.
Janet Yellen: Efficient taxation of multinational companies a priority.
Janet Yellen: Corporations & wealthy need to pay their fair share.
Pete Buttigieg: Move from fuel taxes to mileage fees to fund roads.
Tom Vilsack: One sliver of society isn't going to pay for the rest of us.
Jennifer Granholm: Advocates for manufacturing, domestic R&D efforts.
Pete Buttigieg: Chaired Automation Task Force of Conference of Mayors.
Deb Haaland: Hailed $165 million for rural broadband in New Mexico.
Deb Haaland: Would park near wi-fi hot spot to do homework with daughter.
Pete Buttigieg: Transportation part of solution to greenhouse gas emissions.
War & Peace|
Marcia Fudge: Require Congressional consent for military action in Syria.
Welfare & Poverty|
Marcia Fudge: Fought cuts to food stamp program.
Marcia Fudge: Public housing should be a stopping point, not a lifetime.
Marcia Fudge: Introduced a Poverty Bill of Rights.
Marcia Fudge: We have to deal with lack of low, moderate income housing.
The above quotations are from Biden Cabinet members actions and issues.
Biographies of past presidents:
- President Joe Biden
- Promise Me, Dad, by Joe Biden
- Biden Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- The Truths We Hold, by Kamala Harris
- President Donald Trump
- Crippled America, by Donald Trump
- Trump Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Donald Trump vs. Hillary Clinton On the Issues
- President Barack Obama
- Decision Points, by Barack Obama
- Obama Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney On the Issues
- President George W. Bush
- Bush Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Decision Points, by George W. Bush
- A Charge to Keep, by George W. Bush
- President Bill Clinton
- Clinton Cabinet, On The Issues collection
- Back to Work, by Pres. Bill Clinton
- The Agenda, by Bob Woodward
- President George H. W. Bush
- All the Best, My Life in Letters, by George Bush Sr.
- The Family, (the Bushes) by Kitty Kelley
- William & Mary Environmental Law Review, by Cameron Lynch
- President Ronald Reagan
- Dutch, a Memoir of Ronald Reagan, by Edmund Morris
- Abortion and the Conscience of a Nation, by Pres. Ronald Reagan
- President Jimmy Carter
- An Hour Before Daylight, by Jimmy Carter
- Jimmy Who?: biography of Jimmy Carter
- President Gerald Ford
- Shadow: Five Presidents and the Legacy of Watergate,by Bob Woodward
- A Time to Heal: The Autobiography of Gerald R. Ford
- President Richard Nixon
- Seize the Moment, by Richard Nixon
- The Watergate Transcripts, by The Washington Post
- President Lyndon Johnson
- The Passage of Power, by Robert Caro
- Taking Charge: The Johnson White House Tapes, by Michael Beschloss
- President John F. Kennedy
- Profiles In Courage, by John F. Kennedy
- A Nation of Immigrants, by John F. Kennedy
- Kennedy & Nixon, by Chris Matthews
- 1000 Days, by Arthur Schlesinger
- 13 Days, by Robert F. Kennedy
- President Dwight Eisenhower
- Waging Peace, by Dwight Eisenhower
- Ike and Dick, by Jeffrey Frank
- President Harry Truman
- Plain Speaking, by Merle Miller
- Wit & Wisdom of Harry Truman, by Ralph Keyes