Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2023 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2023 LA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Buddy Roemer (1) Republican (Former LA Governor)
- Jeff Landry (16) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Schroder (12) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mitch Landrieu (5) Louisiana Potential 2023 candidate for governor
- Sharon Hewitt (14) Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Shawn Wilson (14) Louisiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana 2023 Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Candidates clash on insurance, LGBTQ+ issues at Louisiana governor's race debate," by Tyler Bridges and James Finn, Sep 28, 2023, (Link)
- Louisiana Radio Network, "Marijuana Policy Project releases voter guide to educate citizens on where candidates stand on cannabis issues," by Jeff Palermo, Sep 19, 2023, (Link)
- Louisiana Radio Network, "Candidates for governor weigh in on abortion and if voters should have final say on the issue," by Brooke Thorington, Sep 10, 2023 , (Link)
- Baton Rouge Proud, "Race for Governor, Shawn Wilson: Only Democrat looks to fight through partisanship," by Shannon Heckt, Sep 1, 2023, (Link)
- Baton Rouge Proud, "Race for Governor, John Schroder: Louisiana needs a CEO with experience to tackle budget, education, crime," by Shannon Heckt, Aug 28, 2023, (Link)
- Baton Rouge Proud, "Race for Governor, Sharon Hewitt: Only woman candidate says engineering skills will help Louisiana," by Shannon Heckt, Aug 14, 2023, (Link)
- WWNO 89.9 FM, "Where the 7 gubernatorial candidates stand on Louisiana issues," by Molly Ryan, August 7, 2023, (Link)
- Louisiana Illuminator, "Louisiana governor candidates pressed for stances at PAR forum," by Greg Larose, April 27, 2023, (Link)
- Louisiana Illuminator, "On abortion, Democratic candidate Shawn Wilson is to the left of recent Louisiana governors," by Julie O'Donoghue, March 14, 2023, (Link)
- New Orleans Times-Picayune NOLA.com, "Ex-highway chief Shawn Wilson is 1st Democrat in governor's race: 'I'm a bridge builder'," by Tyler Bridges, Mar 6, 2023, (Link)
- Bossier Press-Tribune, "Shawn Wilson Announces Campaign for Governor," March 6, 2023, (Link)
- 2023_LA_Gov: Twitter postings by Brandon Presley, @BrandonPresley, Feb. 20 to March 1, 2023, (Link)
- Louisiana Radio Network, "AG rules doctors can recommend medical marijuana via telemedicine visit," by Brooke Thorington, Jan 9, 2023, (Link)
- The Advocate, "Inside John Schroder's 'crusade' against ESG: National groups, Fox News and former Trump pick," by Sam Karlin, Dec 5, 2022, (Link)
- AASHTO Journal (American Associations of State Highway and Transportation Officials), "Louisiana DOTD's Wilson: 'Remain Committed To Equity'," November 10, 2022, (Link)
- Minden Press-Herald, "Biden's Latest Disastrous Immigration Policy: Attorney General Jeff Landry Fights Back, Apr 29, 2022, (Link)
- Bossier Press-Tribune, "AG Jeff Landry Leads 25-State Coalition Against Biden's Continued Attack on American Energy," February 28, 2022, (Link)
- Louisiana Illuminator, "Louisiana bond commission pulls bank from refinancing deal over gun policy," by Julie O'Donoghue, November 18, 2021, (Link)
- Press release, "ACLU of Louisiana Condemns Attorney General Landry for Attacking LGBTQ Rights at the U.S. Supreme Court," August 30, 2019, (Link)
- Bayou Brief, "State Sen. Sharon Hewitt Deceptively Edits Video Testimony to Smear Medicaid Recipients," by Lamar White, Jr., May 2, 2018, (Link)
- The Times-Picayune (NOLA.com), "'We will get prayer back in our schools,' Attorney General Jeff Landry says," by Julia O'Donoghue, Sept 23, 2017, (Link)
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Buddy Roemer: Vetoed abortion bill because no exception for rape & incest.
Mitch Landrieu: Opposed anti-abortion measure including criminal prosecution.
Shawn Wilson: Personally opposes but won't impose his beliefs on others.
Jeff Landry: A fearless champion for Louisiana's right-to-life laws.
John Schroder: Opposes state ballot initiative to override abortion ban.
Sharon Hewitt: A leader in passing the state's strict abortion ban.
Shawn Wilson: Study impact of abortion laws on our medical schools.
Budget & Economy|
Shawn Wilson: Made the largest infrastructure investment in state history.
John Schroder: State government should operate based on what it can afford.
Sharon Hewitt: One of the best ways to ignite the economy is build things.
Shawn Wilson: Fully fund "Insure Louisiana Incentive Fund" .
Mitch Landrieu: First Louisiana big city mayor to support same-sex marriage.
Jeff Landry: Supports Supreme Court case over firing of LGBTQ employees .
John Schroder: If legislature approves anti-LGBTQ laws, he would sign them.
Sharon Hewitt: Supported the state's version of the Don't Say Gay bill.
Shawn Wilson: Supported veto of state's Don't Say Gay bill.
Jeff Landry: Will work to hold predatory insurance companies accountable.
John Schroder: Against financial firms investing on governance strategies.
Jeff Landry: Real leaders need to step in against mayors & "woke" DA's.
John Schroder: Close loopholes that allow violent criminals to walk free.
Sharon Hewitt: Establish Truth in Sentencing task force to clarify process.
Shawn Wilson: Continue common-sense reforms that reduce crime & recidivism.
Jeff Landry: Allows recommending marijuana via telemedicine visit.
Sharon Hewitt: Greatly increase the penalties for fentanyl dealers .
Sharon Hewitt: Received F from Marijuana Policy Project, against legalizing.
Shawn Wilson: Act urgently to deal with out-of-control opioid addiction.
Jeff Landry: Throwing more money at a broken system is not the answer.
John Schroder: Reform public education to ensure control is at local level.
Sharon Hewitt: Curriculum should focus on education not indoctrination.
Shawn Wilson: Expand access to high-quality early care and education.
Energy & Oil|
Jeff Landry: Fighting to unleash Louisiana's oil and gas production.
John Schroder: Allow oil and gas sectors to lead the energy transformation.
Sharon Hewitt: Support traditional fossil fuels while diversifying energy.
Shawn Wilson: Louisiana can become the supply chain for renewable energy .
Jeff Landry: Over-regulation imposes hefty costs upon small businesses.
Jeff Landry: It is not the government's job to entice people to vote.
John Schroder: Remove regulatory barriers keeping businesses from growing.
John Schroder: Demand transparency in all government activity.
Sharon Hewitt: We need LESS government in our lives, not more.
Sharon Hewitt: Led discriminatory Congressional redistricting effort.
Shawn Wilson: Gun owner, favor s universal background checks .
Jeff Landry: Tireless advocate for our constitutional right to bear arms.
John Schroder: Will only do business with banks that support gun rights.
Sharon Hewitt: I support the right of citizens to carry a concealed gun.
Jeff Landry: Fought mandatory COVID vaccines for schoolchildren.
John Schroder: Would not commit to retaining expanded Medicaid coverage.
Sharon Hewitt: Can't pay for Medicaid for those not meeting requirements.
Shawn Wilson: Preserve Medicaid expansion; strengthen Medicaid services.
Mitch Landrieu: Backs police policy of not questioning immigration status.
Jeff Landry: Biden prioritizes non-citizens over American citizens.
Shawn Wilson: Urged staying committed to diversity, equity, inclusion.
Principles & Values|
Mitch Landrieu: Called for removal of Confederate monuments in Louisiana.
Shawn Wilson: A man of faith: served as tither and church trustee.
Jeff Landry: High time for the Biden Administration to put America first.
Jeff Landry: We are winning and we will get God back into this country.
Sharon Hewitt: Together I know that we can put Louisiana first!
Jeff Landry: Your family should keep more of your hard-earned money.
John Schroder: Reduce high state tax rates, return more cash to Louisianans.
Sharon Hewitt: Simplify tax system on the way to zero state income tax.
Shawn Wilson: Expand refundable child and early childhood tax credits.
Mitch Landrieu: Biden's senior advisor to coordinate infrastructure law.
Jeff Landry: Inability to access the internet is a growing problem.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Buddy Roemer Republican (Former LA Governor)
- Jeff Landry Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Schroder Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mitch Landrieu Louisiana Potential 2023 candidate for governor
- Sharon Hewitt Louisiana Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- Shawn Wilson Louisiana Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2023 Louisiana Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
Next election 2023; contenders:
LA 2023 Gubernatorial debate:
Incumbent John Bel Edwards(D,term-limited)
vs.Biden Adviser Cedric Richmond(? D)
vs.former Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu(? D)
vs.Senator John Neely Kennedy(? R)
vs.Senator Bill Cassidy(? R)
Past gubernatorial races:
2019 Louisiana gubernatorial debate:
John Bel Edwards(D)
Former gubernatorial races:
2015 Louisiana Gubernatorial debates:
House Minority Leader John Bel Edwards (D, won)
Senator David Vitter (R, lost runoff)
Secretary of State Jay Dardenne (R, lost Oct. 2015 primary)