Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 South Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 SD Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Billie Sutton (1) South Dakota Democratic candidate for governor Sou
- Jamie R. Smith (11) South Dakota Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Kristi Noem (13) South Dakota Republican
- Steven Haugaard (1) South Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 South Dakota Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- , KEVN Black Hills Fox, "South Dakota gubernatorial candidates debate for first and only time," Oct. 2, 2022, (Link)
- U.S. News and World Report, "South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem says that if re-elected she will uphold the state's abortion ban that provides no exceptions for rape or incest," by Stephen Groves, Oct. 1, 2022, (Link)
- Madison Daily Leader, "Smith brings gubernatorial race to Madison," by Mary Gales Askren, Aug 11, 2022
- Dakota News Now, "Former Sioux Falls mayor hopes to raise awareness of gun violence prevention," by Beth Warden, Aug. 5, 2022
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Gov. Kristi Noem (R-SD), moderated by Dana Bash, July 03, 2022, (Link)
- CBS News: Full transcript of "Face the Nation": interview of Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem, moderated by Margaret Brennan, June 26, 2022, (Link)
- ABC News: Full transcript of "This Week": interview of Sen. Elizabeth Warren and Gov. Kristi Noem , moderated by Martha Raddatz, Sunday, June 26, 2022, (Link)
- KELO, "Gov. Noem, Smith react to abortion stopping in S.D.," by Eric Mayer, Jun 16, 2022
- Rapid City Journal, "Gov. Noem's primary challenger says state needs 'a full-time governor'," Nov 17, 2021
- Rapid City Journal: "After close governor race, Sutton hints at political future," by James Nord, Associated Press, Dec 14, 2018, Updated Jan 20, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Billie Sutton: Moderate with pro-gun and pro-life stances.
Jamie R. Smith: I think abortion should be rare but legal.
Kristi Noem: No mother should be pressured into ending a child's life.
Jamie R. Smith: Uphold state abortion ban: no exceptions for rape or incest.
Kristi Noem: Focus on doctors breaking the law; ban telemedicine abortion.
Kristi Noem: Supreme Court gave authority back to the states to decide.
Kristi Noem: South Dakotans overwhelmingly support right to choose.
Budget & Economy|
Jamie R. Smith: Promoting sustainable growth will be prioritized.
Kristi Noem: Bars transgender athletes from women's sports.
Jamie R. Smith: Critical race theory not a problem in South Dakota schools.
Jamie R. Smith: Recreational marijuana should be legalized in South Dakota.
Jamie R. Smith: The first thing we should do in our budget is pay teachers.
Energy & Oil|
Kristi Noem: Get these American-first energy supplies back online.
Kristi Noem: Summoned employee who denied daughter's license.
Kristi Noem: So many serious election integrity concerns in 2020 election.
Jamie R. Smith: We should have a concealed carry permit in the state.
Jamie R. Smith: Expanding Medicaid crucial to our rural communities.
Kristi Noem: COVID: vaccine passports are oppressive and un-American.
Jamie R. Smith: COVID face coverings keeps people healthy & businesses open.
Kristi Noem: Won't vote for Medicaid expansion; will implement if passed.
Kristi Noem: No to Medicaid expansion; $80 million cost is too high.
Kristi Noem: Listen to healthcare professionals for COVID policy.
Steven Haugaard: Spanish-language driver's test would dilute our population.
Principles & Values|
Jamie R. Smith: Public leaders should be able to reach across the aisle.
Jamie R. Smith: Pushed for years to repeal state's 4.5% tax on food sales.
Kristi Noem: Repeal state's 4.5% tax on food sales.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Billie Sutton South Dakota Democratic candidate for governor Sou
- Jamie R. Smith South Dakota Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Kristi Noem South Dakota Republican
- Steven Haugaard South Dakota Republican candidate for Governor
The above quotations are from 2022 South Dakota Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: