Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 South Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 SC Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- James Emerson Smith (1) South Carolina Democratic candidate for governor
- Joe Cunningham (6) South Carolina Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mia McLeod (11) South Carolina Democratic Challenger
- Tim Scott (1) Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 South Carolina Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Charleston Post and Courier AdWatch, "SC Gov. Henry McMaster uses Joe Cunningham's own words against him in new TV ad," by Caitlin Byrd, Oct 7, 2022, (Link)
- The State, "SC abortion ban is political grandstanding at its worst," by Joe Cunningham, February 04, 2021
- WCSC Live 5 News, "Cunningham appalled, embarrassed after SC AG announces support for election lawsuit," by Ray Rivera, December 9, 2020
- N.Y.Times, "Trump Signs Landmark Land Conservation Bill," by Annie Karni, Aug. 4, 2020
- ABC News-4, "Rep. Cunningham submits bill to provide healthcare benefits to SC National Guard members," by Tony Fortier-Bensen, May 22, 2020
- WIS News 10, "Joe Cunningham files preliminary paperwork for SC governor's race," by Patrick Phillips, April 21, 2021
- The State: "As SC Democrats regroup, possible 2022 governor's race hopefuls bubble to surface," by Maayan Schechter, November 11, 2018
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Mia McLeod: Fiercely advocate for reproductive rights and freedoms.
Joe Cunningham: Fetal Heartbeat Bill is restrictive and draconian.
Joe Cunningham: Society benefits when women have autonomy over their bodies.
Budget & Economy|
Mia McLeod: Got SC Ports Authority to triple minority business goal.
Mia McLeod: Allocate critical funds for infrastructure.
Tim Scott: Require state employees to undergo implicit bias training.
Mia McLeod: Will continue to push for meaningful criminal justice reform.
Mia McLeod: Sponsored bill that would decriminalize marijuana.
Mia McLeod: Prioritize pay increases for teachers, administrators, staff.
Joe Cunningham: Great American Outdoors Act sets funding for public land.
Joe Cunningham: Criticized state officials for challenging Trump's loss.
Mia McLeod: AR-15s shouldn't be in the hands of civilians.
Mia McLeod: Join 39 other states in expanding Medicaid.
Joe Cunningham: COVID: provide healthcare benefits for National Guard.
Mia McLeod: For equitable access licensure for undocumented immigrants.
Mia McLeod: Raise minimum wage to at least $15/hour.
Mia McLeod: Let people decide whether to unionize, against right to work.
Principles & Values|
Joe Cunningham: Pols more interested in keeping their jobs than doing it.
James Emerson Smith: Lost governor race by 8%; but most Dem candidates in decade.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- James Emerson Smith South Carolina Democratic candidate for governor
- Joe Cunningham South Carolina Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mia McLeod South Carolina Democratic Challenger
- Tim Scott Republican Senator-Appointee South Carolina
The above quotations are from 2022 South Carolina Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: