Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 PA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Doug Mastriano (26) Pennsylvania Republican candidate for Governor
- Joe Gale (5) Pennsylvania Republican challenger for Governor
- Josh Shapiro (21) Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- William McSwain (3) Pennsylvania Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- CNN: Transcript of "State of the Union": Interview With Pennsylvania Gubernatorial Candidate Josh Shapiro, moderated by Dana Bash, May 22, 2022, (Link)
- Spotlight PA, "Doug Mastriano wins GOP nomination for governor, will face Democrat Josh Shapiro," by Angela Couloumbis and Stephen Caruso, May 17, 2022
- Gettysburg Times, "Mastriano, Robinson propose legislation to fund the police," Mar 28, 2022
- Harrisburg Patriot-News (PennLive.com), "Officials break ground on new cost-free preschool for low-income, at-risk families in central Pa.," by Zahriah Balentine, Nov. 10, 2021
- Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle, "Josh Shapiro follows Jewish values in governor's race," by Jarrad Saffren, October 19, 2021
- ABC27-WHTM, "Shapiro finally announces Pa. gubernatorial run, Republicans cry another Wolf," by Dennis Owens, Oct 13, 2021
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Pa. Attorney General Josh Shapiro says he's running for governor," by Andrew Seidman, Oct 13, 2021
- Reading Eagle, "Pennsylvania attorney general Josh Shapiro jumps into '22 governor's race," by Marc Levy, Mark Scolforo and Michael Rubinkam, October 12, 2021
- Philly Voice, "Pennsylvania lawmakers introduce bill to legalize recreational marijuana use," by Brooks Holton, September 28, 2021
- MSNBC, transcript from "The Reid Out," March 23, 2021
- Philly Voice, "Suburban politician, who called BLM a hate group and COVID-19 lockdowns 'un-American,' will run for governor," by Hannah Kanik, Feb 17, 2021
- WHYY NPR-radio 90.9 FM, "Montco, Delco elected leaders react to violent insurrection at the Capitol Building," by Kenny Cooper, January 7, 2021
- The Colonial Montgomery News, "Montgomery County approves 2021 budget with property tax hike," by Rachel Ravina, Dec 18, 2020
- WFMZ, "Joe Gale talks tax hikes and cancel culture," Dec 15, 2020
- Jewish Telegraphic Agency, "5 things to know about Josh Shapiro, Pennsylvania's Jewish attorney general who's making sure the state's votes are counted," by Ben Sales, November 5, 2020
- The Pottstown Mercury, "Citizens repeat calls for Montgomery County Commissioner Joe Gale to resign," by Carl Hessler Jr., Jul 9, 2020
- Pittsburgh City Paper, "Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro defends immigrant Dreamers in letter to Trump," by Ryan Deto, Jul 27, 2017
- The Colonial Montgomery News, "Commissioner Joseph Gale: Put the 'worship' back in Whitemarsh," Apr 18, 2017
- The Philadelphia Citizen, "Zero-Based Budgeting," by Larry Platt, Jan. 16, 2016
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Doug Mastriano: Fetal heartbeat bill would ban abortions after six weeks.
Doug Mastriano: End any state funding to Planned Parenthood.
Joe Gale: Black Lives Matter should protest atrocity of abortion.
Josh Shapiro: He will veto any bill that would restrict abortion rights.
Josh Shapiro: I will protect Pennsylvania law allowing right to abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Doug Mastriano: Propose a 2023 budget that keeps reckless spending in check.
Josh Shapiro: Start budgets at zero, define mission, then fund it.
William McSwain: Career politicians have overextended the state's budget.
Doug Mastriano: Bar trans women from playing women's sports.
Joe Gale: Called Black Lives Matter a radical left-wing hate group.
Josh Shapiro: Change black businesses getting only 4% of state contracts.
Josh Shapiro: Ban LGBTQ+ discrimination in Pennsylvania.
Doug Mastriano: Reduce the Corporate Net Income Tax Rate.
Doug Mastriano: Use $100 million in federal funds for law enforcement.
Joe Gale: Appalling to criticize insurrection but not other protests.
Josh Shapiro: Supports legalization, expunging non-violent convictions.
Doug Mastriano: A lot of distrust between public and government schools.
Doug Mastriano: Education Opportunity Accounts would increase school choice.
Doug Mastriano: Tax endowments of wealthy private colleges.
Doug Mastriano: Immediate ban on Critical Race Theory, Gender Theory studies.
Josh Shapiro: Cost-free preschool will be an essential lifeline.
Josh Shapiro: Fully fund and fix up our schools.
Energy & Oil|
Doug Mastriano: Encourage investment into the natural gas and coal industry.
Doug Mastriano: Supported lawsuits, alternate electors after 2020 election.
Doug Mastriano: Cut spending; slash burdensome regulations.
Doug Mastriano: Eliminate "No-Excuse" Mail-in voting and Ballot Drop boxes.
Doug Mastriano: Cut statewide regulations by at least 55,000 in first year.
Doug Mastriano: Prohibit political consultants from registering as lobbyists.
Josh Shapiro: Filibuster has rendered Senate unable to solve problems.
Josh Shapiro: Expand early voting; implement same-day voter registration.
Doug Mastriano: Establish PA as a "Second Amendment Sanctuary".
Doug Mastriano: The right to defend yourself is a God-given right.
Josh Shapiro: Regulate "ghost guns"; trace guns used in crimes.
William McSwain: Defend the right to keep and bear arms.
Doug Mastriano: Proposes allowing off-label drugs to treat COVID-19.
Doug Mastriano: Compared state COVID mandates to communist East Germany.
Doug Mastriano: Immediate ban on all COVID-19 vaccine mandates.
Josh Shapiro: Brokered deal between insurance companies to expand coverage.
Doug Mastriano: Prevent municipalities from becoming sanctuary cities.
Doug Mastriano: Place fees on international wire transfers.
Josh Shapiro: Government shouldn't go back on its promise to DREAMers.
Josh Shapiro: Will veto any bill to make PA a right-to-work state.
Principles & Values|
Doug Mastriano: Prayed that God would influence Capitol election protest.
Joe Gale: Saddened that Columbus Day was canceled as county holiday.
Josh Shapiro: Fight for the wrong, the left out, the forgotten.
Josh Shapiro: GOP wants to undermine elections & permanently divide us.
Josh Shapiro: Shapiro has remained Jewishly engaged as a politician.
Josh Shapiro: Observes Jewish Sabbath even while campaigning.
Doug Mastriano: Spearheaded "forensic investigation" of the 2020 election.
Doug Mastriano: Elimination of property tax would benefit the economy.
Joe Gale: Politicians smother us with money grab after money grab.
Josh Shapiro: We need to lower taxes, close loopholes, increase wages.
Josh Shapiro: Eliminate the state cell phone tax, expand property rebates.
William McSwain: Lower tax burden on working families; cut red tape.
Josh Shapiro: Get rid of nuisance taxes like the state cell phone tax.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Doug Mastriano Pennsylvania Republican candidate for Governor
- Joe Gale Pennsylvania Republican challenger for Governor
- Josh Shapiro Pennsylvania Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- William McSwain Pennsylvania Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Pennsylvania Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: