Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Nevada Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 NV Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Joe Lombardo (22) Nevada Republican Gubernatorial Challenger
- John Jay Lee (5) Nevada Republican Challenger
- Michele Fiore (4) Nevada Republican Challenger
- Steve Sisolak (2) Nevada Democratic candidate for Nevada Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Nevada Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Esquire, "Every Republican Primary Is Just a Trumpier-Than-Thou Bonanza," by Charles P. Pierce, Jun 15, 2022
- KVVU Fox-5-Vegas, "Joe Lombardo, in GOP forum, derides Nevada public health option," Apr. 27, 2022
- The Nevada Independent, "GOP gubernatorial candidate Joe Lombardo on COVID, elections and K-12," by Tabitha Mueller & Riley Snyder, March 30, 2022
- The Nevada Independent, "Leading GOP governor candidates exchange views on business, taxes and education," by Sean Golonka & Riley Snyder, March 23, 2022
- The Nevada Independent, "Lombardo slams Heller as 'spineless bureaucrat,' ups ante in GOP governor primary," by Sean Golonka, November 3, 2021
- Las Vegas Sun, "Lombardo takes right turn on Immigration in his bid for GOP gubernatorial nod," by Jessica Hill, Oct. 20, 2021
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Sisolak prepares for 'heated year' ahead of 2022 election," by Bill Dentzer, October 13, 2021
- Reno Gazette Journal, "Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo slams Sisolak, touts executive experience on campaign trail," by James DeHaven, 7/1/21
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Lawman Joe Lombardo outlines candidacy for governor," by Bill Dentzer, June 30, 2021
- Las Vegas Review-Journal [on legislative records], "Sisolak signs pair of police reform bills into law," by Colton Lochhead, May 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "John Lee confirms he's running for governor as a Republican," by Rory Appleton, May 16, 2021
- Blaze Media, "North Las Vegas Mayor John Lee turns back on 'elitist,' 'socialist' Democrats," by Sarah Taylor, April 6, 2021
- Daily Wire News, "Nevada Mayor Leaves Democrat Party: They Have 'Extremist Agenda'," Apr 6, 2021
- LaptrinhX News, "Nevada GOP candidate for governor who hadn't been vaccinated tests positive for coronavirus," 5/19/21
- Business Facilities, "Nevada, Canada To Open Mining Incubator In Elko, NV," March 22, 2021
- The Nevada Independent, "Councilwoman under fire for comments about affirmative action when 'my white ass is more qualified than somebody's black ass'," by Tabitha Mueller, June 8, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
John Jay Lee: Was a pro-life Democrat, became a Republican.
Budget & Economy|
Michele Fiore: We desperately need sound fiscally conservative policies.
Joe Lombardo: Diversify state economy beyond mining and casinos.
John Jay Lee: Won't accept expanding and intrusive government.
Joe Lombardo: For Nevadan variation of Florida's "Don't Say Gay" law.
Michele Fiore: Support our office; FUND the police!
Joe Lombardo: Enact more severe penalties for violence on school grounds.
Joe Lombardo: Sentencing reform directly related to increased crime rate.
Joe Lombardo: Supports the death penalty, as long as there's due process.
John Jay Lee: Doesn't know how child porn got on his iPad, called police.
Joe Lombardo: Our education system is irreparably failing & damaging kids.
Joe Lombardo: School choice is part of the answer to education issues.
Joe Lombardo: For charter schools, school choice, opportunity scholarships.
Joe Lombardo: Would block teaching critical race theory in schools.
Steve Sisolak: Look forward to introducing Canadian companies to our state.
Joe Lombardo: Fewer regulations at the end of his first term than at start.
Joe Lombardo: 2020 Election: there was probably fraud on both sides.
Michele Fiore: Ardent supporter of 2nd amendment, lifetime member of NRA.
Joe Lombardo: Denounces state public option law as BS.
Joe Lombardo: Mask mandate didn't work, it was political theater.
John Jay Lee: COVID: Unvaccinated, gets COVID, opposes mandates.
Joe Lombardo: Welcome refugees so long as they're properly vetted.
Joe Lombardo: Got creative to get around court order on illegal immigrants.
Joe Lombardo: Critical of state's use of project labor agreements.
Joe Lombardo: Everyone should have equal opportunity, union or not.
Michele Fiore: Criticized for remarks about affirmative action.
Principles & Values|
Joe Lombardo: Faith leaders are the backbone of our communities.
Joe Lombardo: Recognizes Biden as duly elected president.
Joe Lombardo: Sheriff Lombardo prefers you just call him Joe.
Steve Sisolak: I put a lot of faith in God to advise me.
Joe Lombardo: Open to tax reform, but not increase in state revenue.
Joe Lombardo: There's always another way instead of raising taxes.
John Jay Lee: Federal taxes hurt families & local government.
The above quotations are from 2022 Nevada Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: