Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 HI Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Andria Tupola (5) Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Duke Aiona (13) Hawaii Republican Challenger
- Josh Green (18) Hawaii Democratic challenger for Governor
- Kai Kahele (9) Hawaii Democratic candidate for Governor
- Kirk Caldwell (10) Hawaii Democratic Challenger
- Vicky Cayetano (3) Hawaii Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Hawaii Governor: Lt. Gov. Josh Green Wins Big In Democratic Primary," by Kevin Dayton, August 13, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Better Access To Public Records Among Proposals From GOP Candidates For Governor," by Blaze Lovell, August 11, 2022
- The Forward, "This doctor steered Hawaii through the worst of the pandemic," by Allison Wallis, August 11, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "How GOP Candidates For Governor Plan To Diversify Hawaii's Economy," by Blaze Lovell, August 1, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Ethics Reform: Leading Democrats Endorse Term Limits for State Lawmakers," by Kevin Dayton, July 28, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Candidate Q&A: Governor -- Duke Aiona," June 21, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Candidate Q&A: Governor -- Josh Green," June 17, 2022
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Kirk Caldwell Stands By Ex-City Officials Accused Of Criminal Conspiracy," by Christina Jedra, February 4, 2022
- Maui News, "Green: COVID-19 restrictions could ease in a few weeks," by Melissa Tanji, Oct 6, 2021
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Vicky Cayetano Offers A 'Humble Spirit' In Run For Hawaii Governor," by Chad Blair, August 30, 2021
- Honolulu Civil Beat: "Here's How Hawaii's Top 2022 Political Races Are Shaking Out," by Chad Blair, August 19, 2021
- KHON, "Lt. Gov. Green vows to remain doctor despite house bill banning second jobs," by Sam Spangler, Feb 15, 2021
- KHON TV-2, "Honolulu to officially recognize Juneteenth," Jun 18, 2020
- Honolulu Civil Beat, "Honolulu Hale Lit Up In Rainbow Colors," by Chad Blair, June 24, 2019
- Hawaii News Now, "Honolulu welcomes new citizens, but holds off on becoming a 'sanctuary city'," by Chelsea Davis, May 18, 2017
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Duke Aiona: Would leave decisions up to the Legislature and to voters.
Vicky Cayetano: Pro-choice; and supports medically assisted death.
Budget & Economy|
Josh Green: State-subsidized loan program for first-time home buyers.
Duke Aiona: Attract investment by opening a spaceport in Hawai'i.
Josh Green: Housing must be considered a human right.
Kai Kahele: Promote agribusiness through community driven policies.
Kirk Caldwell: As largest landowner, state is key to building new housing.
Andria Tupola: Save government money with efficiency; cut waste.
Kai Kahele: Enshrine protections for the LGBTQ+ community into law.
Kirk Caldwell: Stand in solidarity with Black community for social justice.
Kirk Caldwell: We celebrate diversity and inclusion no matter who we love.
Duke Aiona: Spearheaded Hawai'i Drug Court for non-violent offenders.
Kirk Caldwell: Refuses to answer questions about indicted ex-city officials.
Andria Tupola: Prioritize budget increases for police.
Andria Tupola: Support police who risk their lives for us.
Josh Green: Develop and fund a universal public Pre-K program.
Josh Green: Offer every high school graduate free community college.
Duke Aiona: Shift control from statewide district to local community.
Kai Kahele: We need to address teacher hiring and retention.
Energy & Oil|
Josh Green: Invest in green economy, create thousands of green jobs.
Duke Aiona: Maximize our many renewable energy resources.
Kirk Caldwell: Strongly support 100% renewable energy by 2045.
Josh Green: Press Navy to drain fuel tanks, shut facility for good.
Kirk Caldwell: Banned single-use plastic items; reduced landfill waste.
Andria Tupola: Protect environment by partnering with local orgs.
Families & Children|
Josh Green: Make childcare accessible and affordable for students.
Duke Aiona: Has no evidence the 2020 election was stolen.
Duke Aiona: Wants to make more public records accessible online.
Josh Green: State legislature term limits would make a lot of sense.
Duke Aiona: Reducing amount of regulations sends message to businesses.
Duke Aiona: Stem abuses with term limits for state legislature.
Kai Kahele: Automatic back-end voter registration beyond just DMV.
Kirk Caldwell: We have to reduce taxes, bureaucracy, and over-regulation.
Josh Green: Supports health department over Navy water contamination.
Andria Tupola: Ease permitting processes for developers.
Josh Green: Access to treatment for homeless addicts & mentally ill.
Duke Aiona: COVID: not against vaccinations, but opposes mandates.
Kai Kahele: Bring physicians and services to underserved rural Hawai'i.
Kirk Caldwell: Invest much more in mental health, drug treatment programs.
Josh Green: COVID: Opposes having ration health care.
Josh Green: Has been a leading voice in the Covid-19 fight.
Vicky Cayetano: Calls for vaccine mandate for restaurants, bars, gyms.
Josh Green: Lt. Governor also works as emergency room doctor.
Kai Kahele: Advocates avoiding military action whenever possible.
Kirk Caldwell: Not a sanctuary city, but protected undocumented immigrants.
Josh Green: Workers should earn a living wage, shouldn't live in poverty.
Principles & Values|
Josh Green: Turned over antisemitic signs to state attorney general.
Duke Aiona: Hopes to restore system by rebuilding trust, earning respect.
Vicky Cayetano: No problem too great that we can't overcome together.
Kai Kahele: Against raising the minimum age for social security benefits.
Josh Green: Increase taxes on luxury units; eliminate taxes on food.
Kai Kahele: Increase property tax rates for non-resident owners.
Kirk Caldwell: We have to reduce taxes to attract businesses and jobs.
Josh Green: Expand access to essential information technologies.
Welfare & Poverty|
Josh Green: Eliminate red tape to speed up affordable housing.
Duke Aiona: Creating affordable housing immediately is a top priority.
Kai Kahele: Prioritize affordable homes for local families and residents.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Andria Tupola Hawaii Republican candidate for governor of Hawaii
- Duke Aiona Hawaii Republican Challenger
- Josh Green Hawaii Democratic challenger for Governor
- Kai Kahele Hawaii Democratic candidate for Governor
- Kirk Caldwell Hawaii Democratic Challenger
- Vicky Cayetano Hawaii Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
The above quotations are from 2022 Hawaii Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: