Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 California Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 CA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Alex Padilla (18) Democratic Appointee California
- Xavier Becerra (1) California Nominee for Attorney General
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 California Senate debates and race coverage:
- Orange County Spectrum News-1, "Republicans try their luck with California elections lawsuit," by William D'Urso, Jun. 08, 2021
- Politico e-zine, "Alex Padilla would bring election security chops to the Senate," by Eric Geller, 12/07/2020
- Sacramento Bee, "California tax dollars must not fund Padilla's illegal contract with partisan firm," by Patricia Bates & Jim Nielsen, December 03, 2020
- Politico e-zine, "California secretary of state slams Trump tweets on mail voting," by Carla Marinucci, 05/20/2020
- KCET San Bernadino, "Alex Padilla: From Engineer's Road to Politician's Path," by Pilar Marrero, Oct. 21, 2020
- KQED San Francisco 88.5 FM, "Some Wonder If California's Election Chief Is Too Partisan," by Scott Shafer, Oct 12, 2020
- San Diego Union Tribune, "Vote yes on Prop. 18 to engage, energize and empower the next generation of voters," by Alex Padilla, Sep. 17, 2020
- Los Angeles Times, "California congressional candidate slams Cardi B and Megan Thee Stallion's 'WAP'," by August Brown, Aug. 7, 2020
- San Jose Inside, "Secretary of State Alex Padilla Slams Santa Clara's Measure C," by Jennifer Wadsworth, February 20, 2020
- Orange County Register, "Top California Republican Senate finisher enters 2020 House race against Rouda," by Jordan Graham, February 20, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Alex Padilla: Expanded after school programs; reduced class sizes.
Energy & Oil|
Alex Padilla: Got state agency to increase use of renewable energy.
Alex Padilla: 2006: for solar power, modernizing electrical grid.
Alex Padilla: Implemented same-day voter registration.
Alex Padilla: Gave voter outreach money to consulting firm, not counties.
Alex Padilla: Has focused on lowering barriers to voting.
Alex Padilla: Supported allowing let 17-year-olds vote in primaries.
Alex Padilla: Reducing city council districts an assault on voting rights.
Alex Padilla: Vote by mail works in blue states and red states.
Alex Padilla: 2006: Stopped felons from possessing body armor.
Alex Padilla: 2006: Fought for universal health care.
Xavier Becerra: 133M people with pre-existing conditions rely on ObamaCare.
Alex Padilla: Battle over Prop. 187 led to involvement in politics.
Principles & Values|
Alex Padilla: Son of Mexican immigrants; taught him value of education.
Alex Padilla: Became a teenage activist on crime, environmental racism.
Alex Padilla: Dedicated to having as an inclusive democracy as possible.
Alex Padilla: Bill created statewide Earthquake Early Warning System.
Alex Padilla: Election security is ongoing effort, not once a generation.
Alex Padilla: States run elections, Feds can standardize administration.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Alex Padilla Democratic Appointee California
- Xavier Becerra California Nominee for Attorney General
The above quotations are from 2022 California Senate race: debates and news coverage.
Books by and about Senators and Senate candidates:
- Conscience of a Conservative, by Senator (R,AZ)
- Dealing Death and Drugs, by Senate candidate Beto O'Rourke (D,TX)
- The Essential Bernie Sanders, about Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- A Mandate for Change, by Senator Mike Gravel (D,AK)
- Milk Money, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Off the Sidelines, by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D,NY)
- Outsider in the White House, by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- Playing Bigger Than You Are, introductiom by Senator Bernie Sanders (I,VT)
- Promises Kept & Promises Broken, about Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)
- Quotable Elizabeth Warren, about Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- The Real Romney, about Senator Mitt Romney (R,UT)
- The Senator Next Door, by Senator Amy Klobuchar (D,MN)
- This Fight Is Our Fight, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- A Time for Truth, by Senator Ted Cruz (R,TX)
- The Truths We Hold, by Senator Kamala Harris (D,CA)
- The Two Income Trap, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D,MA)
- United: Thoughts on Finding Common Ground, by Senator Cory Booker (D,NJ)