Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 California Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 CA Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Brian Dahle (17) California Republican candidate for Governor
- Gavin Newsom (2) California Democratic Challenger
- Kevin Faulconer (3) California Republican candidate for governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 California Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Press release, "Governor Newsom Redesignates Lt. Governor Kounalakis as International Affairs and Trade Representative," Dec 30, 2022, (Link)
- Cal Matters, "What would Eleni Kounalakis do next as California lieutenant governor?," by Alexei Koseff, September 22, 2022, (Link)
- KVCR, "Lt. Gov. Kounalakis discusses homelessness, abortion rights, and higher education," by Jonathan Linden, June 22, 2022, (Link)
- Los Angeles Blade, "Lt. Governor Kounalakis establishes Transgender Advisory Council," September 13, 2021, (Link)
- Fortune, "Gavin Newsom pins political rise on abortion, guns, and health care," by Angela Hart, August 9, 2022
- Finger Lake Times, "California child-care providers fight to 'retire with dignity'," by Mackenzie Mays, 8/9/22
- Politico, "Gov. Newsom signs bill allowing suits against gun makers for negligence," by Jeremy B. White, 07/12/2022
- San Diego Union-Tribune, "2022 election: Q&A with Brian Dahle, California gubernatorial candidate," May 15, 2022
- FOX40 News, "Some lawmakers 'applaud' Newsom's new assault guns proposal, others say he's 'off-base'," by Ashley Zavala & Katelyn Stark, Dec 13, 2021
- Bay Area Reporter, "LGBTQ stances trail Faulconer's GOP CA gubernatorial bid," by Matthew S. Bajko, Feb 17, 2021
- EDSOURCE.org, "CSU trustees endorse repeal of affirmative action ban," by Ashley A. Smith, September 23, 2020, (Link)
- San Diego Union Tribune, "Faulconer meets with Trump in Oval Office to discuss trade, border issues," by Jeff McDonald, June 18, 2019
- The Nevada County Union, "Brian Dahle, Kevin Kiley talk issues, trade jabs in race for state Senate District 1 seat," by Alan Riquelmy, May 9, 2019
- Mother Jones, "She Had a Ringside Seat for an Authoritarian Leader's Rise. Now She's Running for Office," by Marianne Szegedy-Maszak, August 6, 2018, (Link)
- The Pappas Post, "California Lt. Governor Candidate Eleni Kounalakis Dismisses NRA Questionnaire," May 26, 2018, (Link)
- Marketplace (American Public Media), "San Diego Mayor on the impact of NAFTA and Congressional action on DACA," by Kai Ryssdal and Robert Garrova, Sep 11, 2017
- Also see 2021 Recall election coverage
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Brian Dahle: You don't have the right to an abortion in the Constitution.
Budget & Economy|
Brian Dahle: COVID: stop recklessly spending billions of dollars.
Brian Dahle: Clawbacks in state contracts for underperforming entities.
Kevin Faulconer: Supported same-sex marriage, LGBTQ rights legislation.
Brian Dahle: Seen businesses regulated to death by state bureaucrats.
Brian Dahle: Rights of criminals shouldn't come before rights of victims.
Brian Dahle: Medicinal and recreational cannabis laws are in conflict.
Brian Dahle: I strongly support school choice, charter schools.
Energy & Oil|
Brian Dahle: Forest management not climate change is cause of wildfires.
Brian Dahle: Energy goal: 100% reliable, affordable electricity.
Kevin Faulconer: Supported USMCA trade pact, chaired pro-trade group.
Kevin Faulconer: NAFTA has been phenomenally successful.
Brian Dahle: Crazy to ban candidate withholding tax returns from ballot.
Gavin Newsom: Allow suits against gun makers for negligence.
Brian Dahle: Strengthen our rehabilitation and mental health services.
Gavin Newsom: Expanded health care to millions of uninsured Californians.
Brian Dahle: Opposes sanctuary state status.
Brian Dahle: Streamline path to citizenship, cooperate with ICE on crime.
Brian Dahle: Voted against allowing child-care workers to unionize.
Principles & Values|
Brian Dahle: I pledge to tell you the truth, restore power, work hard.
Brian Dahle: On 2020 election: Yes, Biden is our president.
Brian Dahle: Repeal the gas tax and roll back excessive regulations.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Brian Dahle California Republican candidate for Governor
- Gavin Newsom California Democratic Challenger
- Kevin Faulconer California Republican candidate for governor
The above quotations are from 2022 California Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: