Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AL Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Kay Ivey (7) Alabama Republican Alabama Governor
- Lynda Blanchard (7) Alabama Republican Challenger
- Malika Sanders-Fortier (4) Alabama Democratic candidate for Governor
- Stacy Lee George (1) Alabama Republican candidate for Alabama U. S. Governor
- Tim James (20) Alabama Republican candidate for Governor
- Yolanda Flowers (17) Alabama Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Alabama Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Birmingham News, "Yolanda Flowers cites background in education, faith in Democratic race for governor," by Sarah Swetlik, Jun. 19, 2022
- 1819 News, "Democratic candidate for governor draws on experience as educator," by Brandon Moseley, 1/31/22
- Associated Press, "James opens gubernatorial campaign with evangelical appeal," January 12, 2022
- 2022 Alabama Senate race: Lynda Blanchard switched races from Senate to Governor on 12/7/2021.
- Montgomery Advertiser: "Gov. Kay Ivey names Will Califf manager of 2022 re-election campaign," by Brian Lyman, 10/6/21
- CNN Politics, "Alabama governor defends plan to use Covid-19 relief funds to build prisons," by Chandelis Duster and Nick Valencia, September 29, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Alabama Farmers Federation announces its 2022 endorsements," by Brandon Moseley, September 29, 2021
- FOX News, "Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey blasts Facebook's removal of her campaign page: 'Big Tech has gotten out of hand'," by Brandon Gillespie, 9/28/21
- Associated Press, "Critics say prison problems go beyond buildings," by Kim Chandler, September 26, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Blanchard is praying about the governor's race," by Brandon Moseley, September 20, 2021
- Yellowhammer News, "Lynda Blanchard rips Biden COVID policy: 'It's something you'd expect a tyrannical dictator to say'," by Jeff Poor, September 11, 2021
- Alabama Today, "Lynda Blanchard may switch gears and run for governor," by Beth Cann, August 24, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Vaccinations becomes an Alabama gubernatorial race issue," by Brandon Moseley, July 30, 2021
- CBS42 Alabama News, "Gov. Kay Ivey announces re-election run for governor in 2022," by Peter Curi, Jun 2, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Senate candidate Lynda Blanchard campaigns in Fayette," by Brandon Moseley, May 12, 2021
- Alabama Political Reporter, "Bill would give Selma residents final say over renaming Edmund Pettus Bridge," by Micah Danney, January 19, 2021
- Essence magazine, "Meet The Women Who Turned The Tide In Alabama," by Donna M. Owens, October 24, 2020
- The Birmingham News (AL.com), "Rape, incest exceptions added to Alabama abortion bill," by Mike Cason, May. 08, 2019
- Alabama Public Radio, "Daughter Takes Over Longest-Serving State Senator's Seat," February 18, 2019
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Malika Sanders-Fortier: I believe in human rights of unborn children and of women.
Tim James: Supports a human life amendment to the Constitution.
Yolanda Flowers: Don't ban abortion but provide counseling for a real choice.
Budget & Economy|
Kay Ivey: Wants to use $400 million of COVID relief to build prisons.
Tim James: Cut programs, transition government jobs to private sector.
Yolanda Flowers: Invest in community job training and workforce development.
Yolanda Flowers: Lottery can fund infrastructure, accessible broadband.
Yolanda Flowers: Supports state lottery to fund schools, roads, highways.
Lynda Blanchard: Don't pit color against color; we are all the same.
Malika Sanders-Fortier: There's unfinished business of the Civil Rights Movement.
Kay Ivey: Rehabilitate prisoners; don't just warehouse them.
Stacy Lee George: Call in National Guard to get state prisons under control.
Yolanda Flowers: Private prisons have corrupted Alabama's justice system.
Yolanda Flowers: Hire police, prison guards who are psychologically suited.
Lynda Blanchard: Oldest son died from drugs; led her to help Alabama children.
Tim James: Repeal medical marijuana law, perfect recipe for fraud/abuse.
Yolanda Flowers: We must revisit fair sentencing and petty drug offenses.
Lynda Blanchard: Choice move to good school or pay for private not right.
Tim James: Supports school choice including funding for church schools.
Tim James: Permanently ban the teaching of Critical Race Theory.
Yolanda Flowers: Funding for public schools is crucial, use money lottery.
Yolanda Flowers: Schools must be desegregated & become more diverse.
Yolanda Flowers: Supports school choice if parents feel child learns better.
Families & Children|
Tim James: Traditional marriage/family is foundation for a free society.
Tim James: Alabama supported Israel years before 1948 founding.
Tim James: Eliminate unnecessary regulations unduly burdening business.
Tim James: Require proof of citizenship & photo ID in order to vote.
Tim James: If Feds overstep on this issue, we will not submit.
Yolanda Flowers: Supports gun rights, but raise age for owners to 21.
Yolanda Flowers: Opposes permitless concealed carry of guns.
Kay Ivey: Opposes vaccine mandates in spite of more than 14,000 deaths.
Kay Ivey: Accused by opponents of shaming the unvaccinated.
Lynda Blanchard: Socialistic medicine will not work in America.
Malika Sanders-Fortier: State should expand Medicaid under Affordable Care Act.
Tim James: Stand against federal tyranny of vaccine mandates.
Yolanda Flowers: Healthcare is a right, we must create a comprehensive plan.
Tim James: Building the wall remains more important than ever.
Tim James: We support Alabama as a "Right to Work" state.
Yolanda Flowers: Raise minimum wage to $15/hr., people deserve a living wage.
Yolanda Flowers: Every high school needs to have a vocational side to them.
Principles & Values|
Kay Ivey: Alabama Farmers Federation's PAC endorses Ivey.
Lynda Blanchard: May God paint this country red with the blood of Jesus.
Lynda Blanchard: Praying about changing from senate to governor's race.
Malika Sanders-Fortier: Bridge renaming bill gives us time to seek the will of God.
Tim James: God granted America authority amongst nations.
Tim James: Tim owns his faith in Christ as the foundation of his life.
Tim James: Faith in God first, family second in all policy decisions.
Tim James: Faith-based organizations can participate in public programs.
Tim James: Condemn activist judges who allow desecration of the flag.
Yolanda Flowers: My campaign is based on the word of God.
Lynda Blanchard: Slovenians can't live with 50% taxes, we don't want that.
Tim James: Repeal 2019 gas tax, eliminate grocery sales tax.
Kay Ivey: Slams Facebook for temporary removal of campaign page.
Kay Ivey: Big Tech & blue state liberals stole election from Trump.
Welfare & Poverty|
Yolanda Flowers: Support Medicaid expansion for working poor, rural hospitals.
The above quotations are from 2022 Alabama Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: