Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2022 Alaska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2022 AK Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Billy Toien (7) Alaska Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Christopher Kurka (13) Alaska Republican candidate for Governor
- Les Gara (5) Alaska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mike Dunleavy (3) Alaska Republican Governor of Alaska
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
2022 Alaska Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- Anchorage Daily News, "Candidate Q&A: Governor--Christopher Kurka," August 5, 2022
- Anchorage Press, "Q&As with Alaska's 2022 governor candidates," by James Brooks Alaska Beacon, Aug 3, 2022
- KINY, "Gov. Dunleavy, Nancy Dahlstrom sit down for Alaska Landmine interview," August 3, 2022
- The Center Square, "Dunleavy wants constitutional amendment on abortion," by Kim Jarrett, Jun 25, 2022
- Alaska Landmine, "The Sunday Minefield--February 13, 2022," by Jeff Landfield
- Anchorage Daily News, "Alaska gubernatorial candidates and abortion," by Bob Bird, December 22, 2021
- Midnight Sun, "Kurka's challenge against Dunleavy is the latest in a long line of GOP infighting," by Matt Buxton, November 30, 2021
- Alaska Public Media, "Conservative Wasilla Rep. Kurka launches bid for Alaska governor," by Andrew Kitchenman, November 29, 2021
- Alaska Public Media, "Conservative Alaska lawmakers hear from constituents about ivermectin, vaccine mandates, Fauci conspiracies," by Lex Treinen, November 23, 2021
- The Midnight Sun, "Alaska rationing health care as covid surge leads the nation. Dunleavy: 'We've always been on top of this'," by Matt Buxton, September 22, 2021
- The Fountain Hills Times, "Dems hold season's final meeting," May 20, 2021
- Daily Independent, "Lopez first to throw hat in ring for Arizona governor," by Howard Fischer, March 17, 2021
- KOLD News-13, "Marco Lopez announces campaign for Arizona Governor," by Shelby Trahan, Mar. 16, 2021
- Anchorage Daily News, "Governor candidate Q&A: Billy Toien," October 25, 2018
- Anchorage Daily News, "Gara deserves thanks for dedicated service," by Zack Fields, June 16, 2018
- KTOO 104.3 FM Public Media, "Legislature to consider voter ID, same day registration bills," by Alexandra Gutierrez, January 24, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Billy Toien: Personally opposed, but respects state's privacy clause.
Billy Toien: Don't amend Alaska constitution, could go too far.
Christopher Kurka: Former Executive Director of Alaska anti-abortion group.
Christopher Kurka: Guarantee equal protection for children in the womb.
Mike Dunleavy: Let Alaskans vote whether or not abortion is protected right.
Budget & Economy|
Billy Toien: State budget mismanaged, leading to needless budget gap.
Christopher Kurka: We need a justice system where punishment fits the crime.
Les Gara: Voted to hire more cops in rural areas without protection.
Christopher Kurka: The only real solution to addiction is Jesus Christ.
Billy Toien: Move education from failing public system to private sector.
Les Gara: Worked to expand, increase funding for pre-K.
Christopher Kurka: Shouldn't tolerate Federal oversight of our resources.
Billy Toien: Stifling red tape discourages entrepreneurism.
Christopher Kurka: Elections certified only after a hand-count of every ballot.
Christopher Kurka: Need someone who will stand in the way of federal overreach.
Les Gara: Favors same-day registration, skeptical of photo ID rule.
Les Gara: Voted to limit election donations from lobbyists, wealthy.
Mike Dunleavy: Ranked-choice voting interjects a little bit of uncertainty.
Billy Toien: Against confiscation of a potential victim's firearms.
Billy Toien: Reduce gun violence with un-infringed right of self defense.
Christopher Kurka: Blaming crime on guns is like blaming arson on matches.
Christopher Kurka: Vaccine/health mandates are unconstitutional, unconscionable.
Les Gara: COVID: I want people treated, not ration life-saving care.
Principles & Values|
Christopher Kurka: Regretted not being in D.C. on January 6, 2021.
Christopher Kurka: COVID: Wrong to open liquor stores but not church of God.
Mike Dunleavy: Supreme Court should decide 2020 election, but accepts Biden.
Christopher Kurka: Lower taxes & fees on small businesses and individuals.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Billy Toien Alaska Libertarian Gubernatorial Challenger
- Christopher Kurka Alaska Republican candidate for Governor
- Les Gara Alaska Democratic Gubernatorial Challenger
- Mike Dunleavy Alaska Republican Governor of Alaska
The above quotations are from 2022 Alaska Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2018-22 Governors' book excerpts:
- American Crisis, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Can't Is Not an Option, by Gov. Nikki Haley (R,SC)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- The Opposite of Woe, by Gov. John Hickenlooper (D,CO)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Romney: An Inside Look, about Gov. Mitt Romney (R,MA)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Unintimidated, by Governor Scott Walker (R,WI)
- What A Party!, by Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- 2022 Senatorial debates: