Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Fire and Fury,|
by Michael Wolff (2018)
| Trump Revealed,|
by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher (2016)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2016)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
by Cory Booker (2016)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2021
(Jake Tapper and Dana Bash interviewing candidates for 2021-2020 races)
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2021 (number of quotes indicated):
- Adam Kinzinger (1) Republican U.S. Rep Illinois-16
- Antony Blinken (4) Secretary of State
- Beto O`Rourke (2) Texas Democratic candidate for Governor; U.S. Rep
- Bill Nelson (2) Florida NASA Administrator
- Caitlyn Jenner (6) California Recall challenger for Governor
- Chris Sununu (2) New Hampshire Republican challenger for Governor
- Doug Ose (1) California Republican recall candidate for Governor
- Gavin Newsom (2) California Democratic Challenger
- Janet Yellen (2) Treasury Secretary
- Joe Biden (12) Democratic V.P.
- John Cox (1) California Republican candidate for California Governor
- Julia Letlow (1) Republican U.S. Rep Louisiana-5
- Kevin Faulconer (1) California Republican candidate for governor
- Marjorie Taylor Greene (3) Republican U.S. Rep Georgia-14
- Pete Buttigieg (2) Indiana DOT Secretary
- Ralph Northam (2) Virginia Democratic Governor
- Tudor Dixon (1) Michigan Republican challenger for Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
A long-standing political tradition is the Sunday morning talk show,
beginning with "Meet the Press" in 1947.
Currently, five separate "talking head" programs appear on five different TV stations every Sunday morning.
OnTheIssues.org excerpts all five of the shows, listed below, with their respective interviewing pundits and each pundit's political affiliation:
- ABC This Week: 9 AM - 10 AM EST: (Martha Raddatz & George Stephanopoulos; liberal; from Bill Clinton's staff)
- CNN "State of the Union": 9 AM - 1 PM EST: (Jake Tapper and Dana Bash; moderate liberal)
- Fox News Sunday: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 2 PM: (Chris Wallace and Bret Baier; conservative)
- NBC Meet the Press: 9 AM EST; rebroadcast 4 AM Monday: (Chuck Todd; moderate)
- CBS Face the Nation: 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM EST(Margaret Brennan and John Dickerson; moderate)
- Interview With Gov. Chris Sununu (R-NH), and Texas Gubernatorial Candidate Beto O'Rourke, November 21, 2021
- Interview With U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, October 31, 2021
- Interview With U.S. Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen, October 24, 2021
- Interview With Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), October 17, 2021
- CNN, "Video surfaces of Marjorie Taylor Greene confronting Parkland shooting survivor with baseless claims," by Paul LeBlanc, January 27, 2021
- CNN Business on Confirmation Hearings, "Mayor Pete had a fleet of 47 buses; Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg will have a budget of $87 billion", by Matt McFarland, December 18, 2020
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Chris Sununu: Washington doesn't understand the concept of a budget.
Janet Yellen: Expects inflation will drop by late 2022.
Joe Biden: $130 billion in stimulus aid to counties and cities.
Pete Buttigieg: Redesigned streets proved safer & increased property values.
Pete Buttigieg: Transportation decisions have hurt minority neighborhoods.
Kevin Faulconer: Time to have a governor who is going to put victims first.
Caitlyn Jenner: I am in favor of the death penalty.
John Cox: If we have to, we're gonna force people to get treatment.
Joe Biden: $200B in emergency COVID funding for K-12 schools.
Joe Biden: Write off $10,000 in student debt, not $50,000.
Energy & Oil|
Antony Blinken: This is the decisive decade to meet climate change goals.
Caitlyn Jenner: Skeptical of state goal of zero emissions by 2045.
Tudor Dixon: Fact Check: Falsely claimed wind and solar power unreliable.
Families & Children|
Joe Biden: No mandatory paid family and sick leave in COVID relief.
Doug Ose: Government engaged in significant overreach of authority.
Gavin Newsom: COVID: all registered voters receive mail-in ballots.
Caitlyn Jenner: If we lose election integrity, we lose everything.
Caitlyn Jenner: We need to have integrity in our election system.
Julia Letlow: Would have objected to certification of president election.
Beto O`Rourke: We don't want extremism in our gun laws.
Marjorie Taylor Greene: Confronted Parkland shooting survivor on radical gun control.
Ralph Northam: Appreciate thoughts & prayers but need commonsense gun laws.
Joe Biden: Cap insurance at 8.5% of income instead of 10%.
Joe Biden: $119 billion to build public confidence in vaccines.
Joe Biden: $8.5 billion for rural hospitals, for telehealth & COVID.
Joe Biden: Greatest terror threat to America is domestic terror.
Beto O`Rourke: Not enough urgency in rewriting law, providing resources.
Caitlyn Jenner: Path to citizenship for undocumented; deport "bad ones".
Janet Yellen: As we get beyond pandemic, labor supply should increase.
Joe Biden: Extended unemployment benefits for COVID, to contractors too.
Principles & Values|
Chris Sununu: Vilifying pols is culturally ruining America.
Adam Kinzinger: Jan. 6 investigation about history, truth needs to win out.
Gavin Newsom: Partisan divisions can smash democracy like an antique vase.
Caitlyn Jenner: I don't like labels, I'm kind of middle of the road.
Bill Nelson: One of the rare civilians who has traveled to space.
Joe Biden: The nation is not as divided as we make it out to be.
Marjorie Taylor Greene: To remove Pelosi: "Bullet to the head would be quicker".
Marjorie Taylor Greene: 2018: Pelosi should be executed for treason.
Ralph Northam: Now is not the time for divisiveness, time for leadership.
Antony Blinken: Global minimum tax agreement is an incredibly big deal.
Bill Nelson: Cutting NASA budget could cause US to fall behind in space.
War & Peace|
Antony Blinken: US committed to Taiwan being able to defend itself.
Welfare & Poverty|
Antony Blinken: Reopen desperately needed humanitarian access to Syria.
Joe Biden: Gave up on $15 minimum wage in Congressional bills.
Joe Biden: $880M for SNAP food stamps; let's increase to $3B.
The above quotations are from CNN "State of the Union" interviews during 2021
(Jake Tapper and Dana Bash interviewing candidates for 2021-2020 races).