Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 OR Governor's race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Niemeyer (6) Oregon Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Bud Pierce (17) Oregon Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Julian Bell (1) Oregon Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Kate Brown (13) Oregon Democratic Governor
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Oregon Gubernatorial debates and race coverage:
- The Oregonian, "Historic, contentious anti-coal bill", by Denis C. Theriault, March 10, 2016
- Bend Bulletin, "No Path Around $5.2B tax", by Taylor W. Anderson, Jan. 27, 2016
- The Advocate, "We Will Welcome Syrian Refugees", Nov. 18, 2015
- The Oregonian, "Oregon will keep accepting Syrian refugees", by Ian K. Kullgren, November 17, 2015
- The Oregonian, "Kate Brown challenger emerges", by Denis C. Theriault, October 15, 2015
- Salem Statesman Journal, "Bud Pierce announces", by Gordon Friedman, September 10, 2015
- KOIN 6 News, "Brown signs Common Core opt out bill", June 23, 2015
- Christian Science Monitor, "Voter turnout: the 6 states that rank highest", by Allison Terry, Nov. 6, 2012
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Bud Pierce: Accessible contraceptives & family planning services.
Budget & Economy|
Bob Niemeyer: Cut the size of government and jobs will follow.
Bud Pierce: Cut growth in state budget by half.
Bud Pierce: Same-sex marriage is a "settled" issue.
Kate Brown: Grow Our Own: develop existing Oregon businesses.
Bob Niemeyer: Death penalty is less cruel to families of victims.
Bob Niemeyer: Charter schools are the answer; throw out Common Core.
Kate Brown: Seamless public education from cradle to career.
Bud Pierce: We need motivated, well-trained teachers.
Bob Niemeyer: Common Core creates a putrid educational system.
Kate Brown: Make it easier to opt out from Common Core testing.
Energy & Oil|
Bud Pierce: End low-carbon fuel mandate: 19 cents-a-gallon hidden tax.
Julian Bell: Combat climate change and promote clean energy.
Kate Brown: Angered environmentalists via compromise transportation bill.
Bud Pierce: Maintain forestlands through proper forest management.
Families & Children|
Bud Pierce: Partially support hospice/respite centers.
Bud Pierce: Alleviate the scourge of sex trafficking.
Kate Brown: Disclose lobbyist info & pay, on public website.
Bob Niemeyer: Go back to voting in person, with verified photo ID.
Kate Brown: Oregon sees high turnout because of vote-by-mail.
Kate Brown: 15 million ballots via vote-by-mail with only 9 fraud cases.
Bud Pierce: Oppose background checks; they won't reduce gun violence.
Bud Pierce: Surveillance of schools & social media, to curb gun violence.
Kate Brown: Access to healthcare improving, but there is more we must do.
Bud Pierce: Subsidize "adequate" insurance for low-income Oregonians.
Bud Pierce: Fight any one-size-fits-all single-payer healthcare system.
Bud Pierce: State duty to honor the sacrifice of those who've served.
Kate Brown: Oregon will accept refugees and help them rebuild lives.
Kate Brown: Open the doors of opportunity for Syrian refugees.
Bud Pierce: Vigilance in enforcing Equal Pay laws for women.
Principles & Values|
Bob Niemeyer: Separating church & state doesn't pull God out of government.
Bud Pierce: Require automatic enrollment with payroll deductions.
Kate Brown: More options & opportunities to save for retirement.
Bud Pierce: Tax relief on mid-tier income earners, to create more jobs.
Kate Brown: Need more taxes from business to support basic needs.
Bud Pierce: Public transit ok, but future is autonomous drive vehicles.
Kate Brown: Expand public transit to ease traffic congestion.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Bob Niemeyer Oregon Republican 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Bud Pierce Oregon Republican Gubernatorial candidate
- Julian Bell Oregon Democratic 2016 Gubernatorial candidate
- Kate Brown Oregon Democratic Governor
The above quotations are from 2016 Oregon Gubernatorial race: debates and news coverage.
2014-15 Governors' book excerpts:
- Power Lines, by Gubernatorial candidate Jason Carter (D,GA)
- Dialogues, by Governor Jerry Brown (D,CA)
- A Return to Values:, by Gubernatorial candidate Bob Beauprez (R,CO)
- The Party's Over, by Gubernatorial candidate Charlie Crist (D,FL)
- A State of Opportunity, by Gubernatorial candidate Eliot Cutler (I,ME)
- Scorpions for Breakfast, by Gov. Jan Brewer (R,AZ)
- In Mortal Danger, by 2014 gubernatorial candidate Tom Tancredo (R,CO)
- From Power to Purpose, by Gov. Sam Brownback (R,KS)
- Leadership and Crisis, by Gov. Bobby Jindal (R,LA)
- A Reason to Believe, by Gov. Deval Patrick (D,MA)
- Governor`s Travels, by Gov. Angus King (I,ME)
- Crossroads, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D,NY)
- Stand For Something, by Gov. John Kasich (R,OH)
- Against the Tide, by Gov. Linc Chafee (I,RI)
- Fed Up!, by Gov. Rick Perry (R,TX)
- What A Party!, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe (D,VA)
- Last Line of Defense, by 2013 gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli (R,VA)