Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 NV Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Bob Beers (5) Republican Senate candidate (withdrew) Nevada
- Brian Sandoval (1) Nevada Republican Governor
- Catherine Cortez Masto (14) Democratic Senate candidate Nevada
- Cresent Hardy (1) Republican House Member U.S. Rep Nevada- 4
- Joe Heck (8) Republican Challenger Nevada
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Nevada Senate debates and race coverage:
- Redding.com, "Masto must do better on international policy," OpEd by J. Schauer, August 27, 2016
- Washington Free Beacon, "Masto Announces School Choice Opposition," by Lachlan Markay, August 11, 2016
- Sierra Club press release, "Commitment to Protecting the Environment," by Jonathon Berman, July 13, 2016
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- Nevada Public Radio KNPR, "Bob Beers Seeks the Senate", by Casey Morell, May 6, 2015
- Las Vegas Review-Journal, "Cortez Masto’s Senate hopes mirror her AG track record", by Laura Myers, April 30, 2015
- USA Today, "EMILY's List backs Cortez Masto," by Catalina Camia, April 16, 2015
- TheDailyBeast, "Hanging With A Has-Been At CPAC", by Olivia Nuzzi, 3.1.15
- Las Vegas Sun, "Beers is in it to limit government", by Conor Shine, Feb. 9, 2015
- Washington Blade, "Nevada AG invokes bigamy, incest to defend marriage ban," by Chris Johnson, January 23, 2014
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Catherine Cortez Masto: Endorsed by EMILY's List.
Budget & Economy|
Joe Heck: Eliminate our debt, spurring economic growth.
Bob Beers: Common sense: borrow in tough times, but then pay it back.
Joe Heck: Accepts Supreme Court ruling on transgendered bathrooms.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Let Nevada ban same-sex marriage; it's will of the people.
Catherine Cortez Masto: States ban bigamy & incest, so why not same-sex marriage?
Catherine Cortez Masto: Legalize medical marijuana, and eventually recreational use.
Joe Heck: Legalize medical marijuana, but not recreational use.
Catherine Cortez Masto: I do not see a benefit in our state in legalizing marijuana.
Joe Heck: Protect state cannabis laws from federal interference.
Brian Sandoval: Supports Education Savings Accounts and school choice.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Opposes Education Savings Accounts and school choice.
Energy & Oil|
Catherine Cortez Masto: Yucca Mountain is dead; fight so it continues to be.
Bob Beers: Consider safety risks & surroundings of Yucca Mountain.
Cresent Hardy: Talk about pro's and con's of Yucca Mountain.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Fight making Yucca Mountain a high-level nuclear waste dump.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Endorsed by Sierra Club for protecting Nevada's public lands.
Bob Beers: Require voter approval for $200M soccer stadium.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Supports US-Iran nuclear treaty.
Joe Heck: Opposes US-Iran nuclear treaty.
Bob Beers: Repeal ObamaCare; it's not working and we can't afford it.
Catherine Cortez Masto: As A.G., refused to join lawsuit against ObamaCare.
Joe Heck: Supported $607 billion national defense bill.
Joe Heck: No blanket amnesty but earned citizenship ok.
Bob Beers: Secure the borders before changing immigration policy.
Principles & Values|
Catherine Cortez Masto: Served as Assistant County Manager & criminal prosecutor.
Joe Heck: Small business owner and emergency-room physician.
War & Peace|
Catherine Cortez Masto: Declare war on ISIS; arm and train the Iraqi Kurds.
Catherine Cortez Masto: Declare war on ISIS before innocent lives are taken.
The above quotations are from 2016 Nevada Senate race: debates and news coverage.