Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Louisiana Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 LA Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- Charles Boustany (3) Louisiana U.S. Trade Representative
- Foster Campbell (18) Democratic candidate for Senate Louisiana
- John Fleming (7) Republican Senate candidate Louisiana
- John Neely Kennedy (6) Louisiana Republican candidate for governor
- Joseph Cao (2) Republican Senate challenger Louisiana
- Rob Maness (2) Republican Challenger Louisiana
- Thomas Clements (20) Libertarian candidate for Senate Louisiana
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Louisiana Senate debates and race coverage:
- Baton Rouge Advocate, "Who's the better Democrat?," by Rebekah Allen, Sep 18, 2016
- NOLA.com, "Senate rivals oppose trade deal," by Richard Rainey, August 10, 2016
- Marijuana.com, "Key Senate Races for Marijuana Reform," by Tom Angell on June 13th, 2016
- WND Radio, Fleming: "Trump is 'canary in coal mine' ", March 2, 2016
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Cao officially enters race", by Richard Rainey, March 1, 2016
- Conservative Review, "Maness Runs for Senate in LA," by Nate Madden, January 27, 2016
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Kennedy enters Senate race," by Richard Rainey, January 26, 2016
- New Orleans Times-Picayune, "Fleming launches bid for David Vitter's Senate seat," by Julia O'Donoghue, December 07, 2015
- Politico.com, "Senate GOP prepared to replace Obamacare subsidies", by Jennifer Haberkorn and Rachael Bade, 5/26/15
- Thibodeaux Daily Comet, "Tax Foreign Oil, Not State Residents," by Raymond Legendre, August 24, 2007
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Thomas Clements: Supreme Court has ruled on abortion.
Budget & Economy|
John Neely Kennedy: Balanced budget amendment to restore fiscal responsibility.
Foster Campbell: Oppose same-sex marriage, but respect Supreme Court ruling.
Thomas Clements: Support Equal Rights Amendment.
Thomas Clements: Get government out of marriage business.
Thomas Clements: Eliminate corporate tax to create jobs & avoid more debt.
Foster Campbell: Death penalty yes; alternatives yes; mandatory minimums no.
Thomas Clements: Unconstitutionally strict punishment isˇa problem.
Thomas Clements: Marijuana is a benefit to people's health.
Charles Boustany: Consistently votes against marijuana reform.
John Fleming: OpEd: One of few remaining "reefer madness" legislators.
Foster Campbell: Fight for public schools with $1 billion Excellence Fund.
Thomas Clements: Supports homeschooling and vouchers.
Energy & Oil|
Foster Campbell: Build Keystone pipeline; no farcking regulation for now.
Foster Campbell: Regulate greenhouse gases; incentivize reducing emissions.
Thomas Clements: No cap and trade; no taxing carbon emissions.
Foster Campbell: Charge 6.25% oil refining tax and wipe out income tax.
Thomas Clements: States should deal with water quality not federal EPA.
Foster Campbell: Keep allies involved, but heed advice of military experts.
Foster Campbell: U.S. should remain in the United Nations.
John Neely Kennedy: Radical Islamic fundamentalists despise our core values.
Thomas Clements: Foreign aid spending only to protect US interests.
John Fleming: Defund the Syrian refugee influx.
Charles Boustany: 2013: Supported TPP; 2016: too many concessions.
Foster Campbell: TPP is skewed to the advantage of big business.
John Fleming: TPP means open season on American jobs.
John Neely Kennedy: TPP lacks safeguards against currency manipulation.
Joseph Cao: No trade deal with Vietnam due to human rights abuses.
Rob Maness: Criticized TPP for its closed-door negotiations.
Thomas Clements: No restrictions on trade, but no corporatism.
Charles Boustany: Yes to Ex-im bank; Yes to fast-track.
John Fleming: No to Ex-im bank; No to fast-track.
Foster Campbell: 10 year ban on lobbying for ex-members of congress.
Thomas Clements: Term limits for Congress; but voter ID too.
Foster Campbell: Enforce the gun laws we already have on the books.
Foster Campbell: Generally opposes additional gun control measures.
Thomas Clements: Second Amendment is the law of the land.
John Fleming: Perennial A rating from the NRA.
Thomas Clements: Cost is the only thing that has expanded under ObamaCare.
John Fleming: If Supreme Court bans ObamaCare subsidies, let them die.
John Neely Kennedy: Increase size of the military; increase spending for defense.
Thomas Clements: Why do we need military bases in the Phillipines?
Foster Campbell: No pathway to citizenship without exiting US first.
Foster Campbell: Grant citizenship to children of illegal immigrants.
Thomas Clements: Annex Mexico economically to avoid immigration issues.
Foster Campbell: Raise the federal minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
John Neely Kennedy: Belief in Jesus informs every decision I make.
Thomas Clements: Why not keep God in the public sphere?
Joseph Cao: First Vietnamese-American to serve in Congress.
Rob Maness: Call out those who don't have interests of US & her citizens.
John Neely Kennedy: I speak my mind, & some politicians call me a troublemaker.
John Fleming: Passionate conservative: Obama doesn't share our values.
Foster Campbell: I do not support privatization of Social Security.
Thomas Clements: Privatize Social Security at birth for newborns today.
Foster Campbell: Make sure the super-rich pay their fair share.
Thomas Clements: Flat rate tax with across-the-board reduction.
War & Peace|
Foster Campbell: No American intervention in Iraq & Syria beyond air support.
Thomas Clements: Help prevent genocide abroad, but not with U.S. lives.
The above quotations are from 2016 Louisiana Senate race: debates and news coverage.