Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2016 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2016 CT Senate race (number of quotes indicated):
- August Wolf (16) Republican Senate Challenger Connecticut
- Dan Carter (10) Republican candidate for Senate Connecticut
- Dan Malloy (1) Connecticut Democratic Governor
- Richard Blumenthal (1) Democratic Sr Senator Connecticut
- Tom Foley (1) Connecticut Republican challenger
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Connecticut Senate debates and race coverage:
- Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, "Heroin epidemic at the border", by Tom Kertscher, 11/21/2015
- Connecticut Mirror, "Target potential rival Kudlow over actual candidate Wolf", by Ana Radelat, Nov. 4, 2015
- CT News Junkie, "Blumenthal Co-Sponsors Bill to Strengthen Iran Oversight", by Jordan Fenster, Oct 5, 2015
- Connecticut Mirror, "Wolf airs first ad", by Mark Pazniokas, August 20, 2015
- Brookfield Patch, "Profile of August Wolf", by Scott Benjamin, May 31, 2015
- Hartford Courant, "Hedge Fund Managers Back Charter Schools", by Jenny Wilson, 5/29/2015
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
August Wolf: Pro-choice but no federal funding for abortion.
Budget & Economy|
Dan Carter: Too much of our economy is controlled by federal government.
August Wolf: Signed Supreme Court amicus brief favoring same-sex marriage.
August Wolf: Not everyone who works on Wall Street is a criminal.
Dan Carter: Empower both law enforcement and communities together.
Dan Carter: Bottom-up decisions on schools, not top-down politicians.
August Wolf: Support home-school, charter schools, & parochial schools.
Dan Malloy: $22M for new charter schools over three years.
Tom Foley: Ran on platform of school choice.
Energy & Oil|
August Wolf: Support domestic exploration for clean coal, oil, and gas.
Dan Carter: Policy of stupefied bystander erodes America's stature.
Dan Carter: Oppose TTP as neither free trade nor fair trade.
August Wolf: Ratify fast-track trade authority and TPP.
Dan Carter: Democrats do nothing but raise campaign cash for re-election.
August Wolf: Never disarm law abiding Americans.
Dan Carter: Government-run ObamaCare screams out to repeal & replace.
August Wolf: Repeal ObamaCare: all of it; immediately.
Dan Carter: Restore troops to being nimble, smart and relentless.
August Wolf: VA administration has been sorely mismanaged.
August Wolf: Demand accountability in Department of Veterans Affairs.
August Wolf: Build a wall & aggressively enforce immigration laws.
August Wolf: Minimum wage of $15 per hour is too high; find middle ground.
Principles & Values|
August Wolf: Represented America at 1984 Olympics.
August Wolf: Participated in 1984 Olympics, as shot-put athlete.
Dan Carter: Common sense tax policies to unleash power of entrepreneurs.
August Wolf: Tax reform to allow private industry to create jobs.
War & Peace|
Dan Carter: ISIS threat is very real both at home and abroad.
Richard Blumenthal: Cautious support of Iran nuclear deal; needs more oversight.
August Wolf: We can't trust the Iranian terrorist regime with nukes.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- August Wolf Republican Senate Challenger Connecticut
- Dan Carter Republican candidate for Senate Connecticut
- Dan Malloy Connecticut Democratic Governor
- Richard Blumenthal Democratic Sr Senator Connecticut
- Tom Foley Connecticut Republican challenger
The above quotations are from 2016 Connecticut Senate race: debates and news coverage.