Books by and about 2020 presidential candidates|
| Crippled America,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
by Cory Booker (2016)
| The Truths We Hold,|
by Kamala Harris (2019)
| Smart on Crime,|
by Kamala Harris (2010)
| Guide to Political Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2017)
| Where We Go From Here,|
by Bernie Sanders (2018)
| Promise Me, Dad ,|
by Joe Biden (2017)
|Conscience of a Conservative,|
by Jeff Flake (2017)
| Two Paths,|
by Gov. John Kasich (2017)
|Every Other Monday,|
by Rep. John Kasich (2010)
|Courage is Contagious,|
by John Kasich (1998)
| Shortest Way Home,|
by Pete Buttigieg (2019)
| The Book of Joe ,|
by Jeff Wilser (2019; biography of Joe Biden)
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Our Revolution,|
by Bernie Sanders (2016)
| This Fight Is Our Fight,|
by Elizabeth Warren (2017)
| Higher Loyalty,|
by James Comey (2018)
| The Making of Donald Trump,|
by David Cay Johnston (2017)
Books by and about the 2016 presidential election|
| What Happened ,|
by Hillary Clinton (2017)
| Higher Loyalty ,|
by James Comey (2018)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Becoming ,|
by Michelle Obama (2018)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Tennessee Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 TN Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Gordon Ball (21) Democratic Challenger Tennessee
- Joe Carr (5) Republican Challenger Tennessee
- Lamar Alexander (3) Republican Sr Senator Tennessee
- Terry Adams (4) Democratic Challenger Tennessee
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Tennessee Senate debates: (August primary)
- Memphis Flyer, "Adams or Ball: Tennessee Democrats Have a Viable Choice", by Jackson Baker, Aug. 6, 2014
- Nashville Post, "Ball asks Alexander about Amendment 1", by J.R. Lind, July 16, 2014
- The Hill weblog, "Alexander challenger picks up Tea Party endorsement," by Abby Smith, July 10, 2014
- Chattanooga Times Free Press, "Bill requiring TN voters to take loyalty oath dies", by Andy Sher, March 11th, 2014
- WGNS 100.5 FM, "Joe Carr to Raffle Off Handgun", Feb. 25, 2014
- Steven Hale in Nashville Scene, "Cell Phones on Airplanes", Dec 13, 2013
- Betsy Phillips reporting in Nashville Scene, Nov. 14, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Terry Adams: Pro-choice.
Gordon Ball: Opposes Amendment 1 banning abortion for rape & incest.
Budget & Economy|
Gordon Ball: Balanced budget amendment to restore fiscal discipline.
Gordon Ball: Pro-gay rights.
Terry Adams: Pro-gay rights.
Terry Adams: Democracy is hijacked by corporations & special interests.
Gordon Ball: Where do the little people go for justice?
Gordon Ball: I believe in public education.
Energy & Oil|
Gordon Ball: Transition from dirty fossil fuels to clean renewables.
Gordon Ball: Commercial solar & wind, and also clean coal.
Gordon Ball: Supports construction of the Keystone pipeline.
Gordon Ball: No one has the right to pollute America's air and water.
Gordon Ball: Class-action lawsuits against paper companies' dumped waste.
Gordon Ball: Promote human rights as cornerstone of US foreign policy.
Gordon Ball: Fair trade is vital; but don't ship jobs overseas.
Joe Carr: Reduce crossover voting in Tennessee primary elections.
Lamar Alexander: The Era of the 1,000-Page Bill Is Over.
Gordon Ball: Second Amendment protects Americans from tyranny.
Joe Carr: 30,000 people respond to raffling off a Beretta 92A1.
Gordon Ball: ObamaCare is over the top, but keep the good parts.
Gordon Ball: Ensure our troops receive the support & resources they need.
Terry Adams: Men & women in uniform are victims of catastrophic neglect.
Gordon Ball: Fair and just path to citizenship.
Joe Carr: AdWatch: Border crisis was created by giving amnesty to 11M.
Principles & Values|
Joe Carr: Endorsed by Tea Party Patriots on anti-amnesty grounds.
Lamar Alexander: Declined to debate in Republican primary.
Gordon Ball: No scare tactics: system is solvent for next 20 years.
Gordon Ball: Simplify and streamline the tax code with flat tax.
Gordon Ball: We send too little on infrastructure.
Joe Carr: Cell phone ban should be addressed by airlines, not feds.
Lamar Alexander: No cell phone conversations on planes; email and texting ok.
War & Peace|
Gordon Ball: Time for our service members to come home from Afghanistan.
Gordon Ball: Critical to avoid nukes in North Korea and Iran.
The above quotations are from 2014 Tennessee Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)