Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harmís Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
2014 Maine Senate debates
(Click for external website)
Click on a participant to pop-up their full list of quotations
from 2014 ME Senate debate (number of quotes indicated):
- Eliot Cutler (1) Maine Independent Challenger
- Mike Michaud (1)
- Shenna Bellows (18) Democratic Challenger
- Susan Collins (7) Republican Sr Senator Maine
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
Maine Senate debates:
- AARP Voter Guide (on Shenna Bellows), Aug. 31, 2014
- Time magazine, "Marijuana and NSA Wedge Issues", by Alex Rogers, March 4, 2014
- U.S.News & World Report, "National Security Drives Maine Race", by David Catanese, Feb. 27, 2014
- Portland Press Herald, "Push To Legalize Marijuana Likely In More Maine Communities", by Kevin Miller, Jan. 21, 2014
- Portland Press Herald, "Indiscriminate NSA spying", 1/4/2014
- Hillary Savage in Machias Valley News Observer, "Bellows Visits", Dec. 4, 2013
- Deirdre Fultin in The Portland Phoenix, "Takes shape", Dec. 12, 2013
- Salon.com on 2014 Maine Senate race, "Edward Snowden" Oct 30, 2013
- CNN "State of the Union" interview of Sen. Susan Collins, May 12 and Oct. 13, 2013
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Shenna Bellows: Supports marijuana legalization.
Eliot Cutler: Legalizing marijuana sends message that drug use is OK.
Mike Michaud: Real concerns about the impact of pot legalization on kids.
Shenna Bellows: Three past presidents acknowledged use; legalize pot.
Susan Collins: Declines to take sides in marijuana legalization petition.
Shenna Bellows: Voucher programs siphon public school money.
Energy & Oil|
Shenna Bellows: Green energy solutions instead of nuclear energy.
Shenna Bellows: NAFTA damaged our manufacturing sector; so will TPP.
Shenna Bellows: Funding her campaign $5 at a time from local events.
Susan Collins: Outrageous for IRS to target Tea Party groups.
Shenna Bellows: Was NRA member, but left because they became too extreme.
Shenna Bellows: Supports ObamaCare & universal health coverage.
Shenna Bellows: NSA should target only based on individualized suspicion.
Susan Collins: Increase transparency of NSA but keep NSA programs.
Susan Collins: Mass surveillance justified by national security.
Susan Collins: Mass unwarranted surveillance is never justified.
Shenna Bellows: We cannot afford to be the world's policemen.
Shenna Bellows: No spying on foreign leaders NOR on ordinary Americans.
Shenna Bellows: Snowden was a whistle-blower, not a criminal.
Susan Collins: No justification for spying on Germany's chancellor.
Susan Collins: Cuts in defense are very troubling to me personally.
Shenna Bellows: Increase minimum wage to make it a living wage.
Principles & Values|
Shenna Bellows: Calls herself a progressive libertarian.
Shenna Bellows: Scrap the Cap: highest-paid Americans pay their fair share.
Shenna Bellows: Scrap the cap; apply payroll tax over $113,700.
Shenna Bellows: "Total Information Awareness" undermines our democracy.
Welfare & Poverty|
Shenna Bellows: No one in Washington stands up for people who are hurting.
The above quotations are from 2014 Maine Senate debates.
- Outsider in the House, by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I, VT)
- The Little Plaid Book, by Sen. Lamar Alexander (R, TN)
- Cowboy in Caracas, by Senate nominee Charlie Hardy (D, WY)
- The New Black Politician: Cory Booker, Newark, and Post-Racial America (D, NJ)
- Now or Never: A Call to Reclaim America, by Rep. Jody Hice (R, GA-10)
- The Case for Polarized Politics, by Senate candidate Jeff Bell (R, NJ)
- Born To Fly, by Senate candidate Shane Osborn (R, NE)
- A Tribute to 101 Incredible Women, by Senate candidate Joyce Dickerson (D, SC)
- The Debt Bomb, by Senator Tom Coburn (R, OK)
- A Fighting Chance, by Senator Elizabeth Warren (D, MA)
- Winning Right, by Senate candidate Ed Gillespie (R,VA)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R,GA)
- The Tea Party Goes to Washington, by Senator Rand Paul (R,KY)
- Governor`s Travels, by Senator Angus King (I,ME)
- This Is Not Florida, biography of Senator Al Franken (D,MN)
- The Truth (with jokes), by Sen. Al Franken (D, MN)
- Planned Bullyhood, by Senate candidate Karen Handel (R, GA)
- Republican Leader, biography of Sen. Mitch McConnell (R, KY)
- The Man Behind The Mask, by Senate candidate Andy Martin (R, NH)
- In the Company of Men, by Senate candidate Nancy Mace (R, SC)
- Be the Change!, by Senate candidate Michelle Nunn (D, GA)
- The Greatest Hoax, by Sen. James Inhofe (R, OK)
- Unite and Conquer, by Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D, AZ)