Books by and about 2016 presidential candidates|
| Hard Choices,|
by Hillary Clinton (2014)
| Crippled America ,|
by Donald J. Trump (2015)
| Trump vs. Hillary On The Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Outsider in the White House,|
by Bernie Sanders (2015)
| American Dreams,|
by Marco Rubio (2015)
| Taking a Stand,|
by Rand Paul (2015)
by Scott Walker (2013)
| A Time for Truth,|
by Ted Cruz (2015)
| One Nation,|
by Ben Carson (2014)
| Trump/Pence vs. Clinton/Kaine On the Issues ,|
by Jesse Gordon (2016)
| Living History ,|
by Hillary Rodham Clinton (2003)
| Between Hope and History ,|
by Bill Clinton (1996)
| In Harm’s Way ,|
by Dr. Jill Stein (2000)
| Democrat vs. Republican vs. Green vs. Libertarian,|
Four Party's Presidential Nominees On The Issues (2016)
Books by and about 2012 presidential candidates|
| Ten Letters
about Pres. Barack Obama (2011)
| Do Not Ask What Good We Do
about Rep. Paul Ryan (2012)
(click a book cover for a review or other books by or about the presidency from Amazon.com)
Prosperity for America's Families, by Al Gore
Click here for 17 full quotes from Al Gore in the book 191-page Economic Plan.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| OnTheIssues.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Budget & Economy|
Set aside one-sixth of surplus in case rosy estimates fail.
Free America from debt by paying down $3 trillion.
Use surplus to strengthen Social Security, Medicare.
Encourage “Retirement Savings Plus” accounts.
Set aside $300B as a “Surplus Reserve Fund”.
Lays out 10 goals in Prosperity for America’s Families plan.
$4.56 trillion spending plan for 10 years’ budget surplus.
Make saving and borrowing for college easier.
More resources for education: tax breaks for college.
Families & Children|
Enable 7 of 10 families to own a home.
Support equal pay for equal work.
Reduce poverty to 10% via welfare reform & minimum wage.
Principles & Values|
Make history with fewer than 1 in 10 living in poverty.
Lower taxes for working families with targeted tax reform.
End marriage penalty; reform estate tax; targeted cuts.
Maintain prosperity via millions of new high-tech jobs.
Welfare & Poverty|
Invest to increase median family income by one-third by 2010.
Click for quotations from other sources by:
- Al Gore
The above quotations are from Prosperity for America's Families, by Al Gore.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
- Al Gore's main page
- Tipper Gore
- Bill Clinton
Books by Al Gore:
- Earth in the Balance, by Al Gore
- Inventing Al Gore, by Bill Turque
- Common Sense Government, by Al Gore
- Medicare at a Crossroads, Gore's Health Care Plan
- Gore's 191-page Economic Plan
Debates with George W. Bush (presidential race, 2000):
- Presidential debate, Boston Mass.
- Presidential debate, Washington U., St. Louis MO
- Presidential debate, Wake Forest U., Winston-Salem NC
- NACHRI Survey: Iowa Children's Hospital issues
Debates with Bill Bradley (Democratic primary, 1999-2000):
- Primary Debate at Dartmouth University
- Democrat Debate in Des Moines, Iowa
- Democrat Debate at UNH-Durham
- Democrat Debate in the Apollo Theater in Harlem
- Democrat Debate in Johnston Iowa
- Democrat debate in Los Angeles, California
- Democrat Debate in Manchester, NH
- Democrat Debate in Nashua NH